Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to say I got my registration number today (20 plate) and a delivery date of 12 Aug. I was expecting a pickup at Newbridge, Edinburgh but apparently they will be delivering it to my driveway :)

That amazing!! Do you live in edinburgh and it’s easy for them to deliver to your drive way or are you further away? I’ve been given a date and time at edinburgh newbridge, but I’m in aberdeen so wondering if home delivery possible here (I ordered in the depths of lockdown and only Edinburgh collection was avail) I’m ok to collect just means days off and mask & sanitiser on the train is all - so I’m curious!

Reactions: Alistairuk
That amazing!! Do you live in edinburgh and it’s easy for them to deliver to your drive way or are you further away? I’ve been given a date and time at edinburgh newbridge, but I’m in aberdeen so wondering if home delivery possible here (I ordered in the depths of lockdown and only Edinburgh collection was avail) I’m ok to collect just means days off and mask & sanitiser on the train is all - so I’m curious!

Surprised they have asked you to collect most of the deliveries for mid August are Contactless from what I've seen on recent threads. May be worth a call to Tesla.

Just tried the webchat for an update, they wouldn't give any and instead gave me the standard number to call. So I called them and they just said possibly September we'll let you know when there is a match. So much for the promised August delivery then :(

I live about 30mins drive from Newbridge. I was originally supposed to pick up a car two days into lockdown (that they later gave to someone else!) and that was to have been a collection. So maybe they are doing more deliveries now to keep the traffic at the Newbridge centre down, but maybe only delivering within a certain radius? Got to be worth a call to them though, they've always been very helpful there...

Alas, they cannot :(

Apparently all vehicles paid for via Tesla Leasing have to be collected and cannot be home delivered.

@filbert Am I right in assuming you are using the new Tesla in house lease? They don't seem to want to provide the agreement paperwork until very close to delivery, despite normal practice being for this to be supplied once the application has been approved.

If you have a copy of the t@c's I'd be gratefully for a copy, minus any personal info of course.

I don't like walking into this sort of financial deal with most of the crucial info only made available at the last minute. Call me old fashioned!

I live about 30mins drive from Newbridge. I was originally supposed to pick up a car two days into lockdown (that they later gave to someone else!) and that was to have been a collection. So maybe they are doing more deliveries now to keep the traffic at the Newbridge centre down, but maybe only delivering within a certain radius? Got to be worth a call to them though, they've always been very helpful there...

Thanks - so Tesla called me today before I called them (magic Jedi mind tricks!) apparently leases are being home delivered but mine is an outright purchase so they aren’t currently being delivered (doesn’t seem quite the right way around to me - but that’s ok!) so adventure to edinburgh it is!

She also confirmed mine would have the wireless charging pad, and USBC - yippeeee as my laptop is on that and its a nightmare if I forget the cable (no more!) my vin starts 761 if that helps ppl? Delivery to edinburgh, on 25th August - no idea which boat that is, but I’m excited tracking the shipping thread nonetheless :D

Reactions: M3PScot and Mark S
@filbert Am I right in assuming you are using the new Tesla in house lease? They don't seem to want to provide the agreement paperwork until very close to delivery, despite normal practice being for this to be supplied once the application has been approved.

If you have a copy of the t@c's I'd be gratefully for a copy, minus any personal info of course.

I don't like walking into this sort of financial deal with most of the crucial info only made available at the last minute. Call me old fashioned!

Have you completed all the Steps post ordering? As soon as I was matched the lease agreement came through on the Tesla website. I’m not picking up until September.

Yep, leasing via 'Tesla Financial Services', I have the leasing agreement - it's about 4 pages long, looks pretty straight forward. Surprised to see they're doing it themselves rather than just fronting for one of the big leasing companies, but I guess they can afford it *shrug*

I'll see what I can do about readcting the personal info and providing a copy of the agreement - but pretty sure mine appeared in my account as soon as I'd been approved/signed the paperwork.

Yep, leasing via 'Tesla Financial Services', I have the leasing agreement - it's about 4 pages long, looks pretty straight forward. Surprised to see they're doing it themselves rather than just fronting for one of the big leasing companies, but I guess they can afford it *shrug*

I'll see what I can do about readcting the personal info and providing a copy of the agreement - but pretty sure mine appeared in my account as soon as I'd been approved/signed the paperwork.

That would be very kind. I keep checking but its not appeared. I applied and was accepted middle of May when they had just launched and I'm nit sure they had all the docs in place at the time.

FYI these are the documents in my Tesla account:
Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 23.25.21.png

Reactions: SteveBM3
Have you completed all the Steps post ordering? As soon as I was matched the lease agreement came through on the Tesla website. I’m not picking up until September.

Yes, I had the finance agreed on the 23rd May which was very early after they had launched the in house financing. I don't think all the processes had been lined up, which wouldn't come as a great surprise!

Surprised to see they're doing it themselves rather than just fronting for one of the big leasing companies, but I guess they can afford it *shrug*

They did lend their own money back in mid/late 2016, my current finance is with them. It's one of the few ways they can 'discount' the price. My existing PCP GFV is pretty optimistic which obviously makes the monthlies 'cheaper', and I've not been able to come close with 3rd party leasing on the new car. The existing OEM's have of course been doing it for years with finance contributions and 0% APR etc.

Thanks - so Tesla called me today before I called them (magic Jedi mind tricks!) apparently leases are being home delivered but mine is an outright purchase so they aren’t currently being delivered (doesn’t seem quite the right way around to me - but that’s ok!) so adventure to edinburgh it is!

She also confirmed mine would have the wireless charging pad, and USBC - yippeeee as my laptop is on that and its a nightmare if I forget the cable (no more!) my vin starts 761 if that helps ppl? Delivery to edinburgh, on 25th August - no idea which boat that is, but I’m excited tracking the shipping thread nonetheless :D
Your car will be on Grand Dahlia. Mine is on Glovis Sun and should be picked up at Edinburgh on 18th August. Glovis Sun is a few days earlier than Grand Dahlia.

• Love
Reactions: M3-Newbie
FYI these are the documents in my Tesla account: View attachment 572087

Very interesting. I'm also with Tesla Leasing and curious when some of the paperwork would come through. I've been:

"Next Steps: We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment."

Since completing the order on the 21st July. How long were you waiting for Order and Leasing Agreement? Was it after confirmation of delivery/matching?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.