Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....I’m not ordering a “special” version, do Tesla make adjustments here in Europe e.g. swapping wheels between models (seat colour would be harder to swap?) to match orders to buyers or do “specials” get ordered with inevitable delays e.g. only so much can be predicted?
No, each quarter Tesla build various configurations and match up to existing customer orders once they are in transit from the USA. Nothing is manufactured against orders, swapped or added & there are no 'specials'.

Yup, text will go to the lease company as they were the ones who bought the car.

Is that definitely the case? Mine is being leased through Arval, but they set up my Tesla account for me, and in there I've put my personal mobile number. Shouldn't Tesla be using the number in there for customer contact? they're certainly using the email in there to send me marketing spam.

Got my text, 20th November. How to add the vehicle to the Tesla app? I’ve got the RN but no reg
The vehicle will appear in your Tesla app when it's released by your local service centre, so unlikely before the day of collection. I guess this is to prevent you from beeping the horn and flashing the lights whilst still in transport :)

You should get your reg about a week before collection, maybe a bit sooner.

If you're starting to look for insurance, you can get a quote based on the car model now and complete once your reg is known.

The vehicle will appear in your Tesla app when it's released by your local service centre, so unlikely before the day of collection. I guess this is to prevent you from beeping the horn and flashing the lights whilst still in transport :)

You should get your reg about a week before collection, maybe a bit sooner.

If you're starting to look for insurance, you can get a quote based on the car model now and complete once your reg is known.

Brilliant, thanks for the info!

They’ve also just asked me to sign a delivery declaration form to activate the app and complete the delivery. Never heard of that before

Brilliant, thanks for the info!

They’ve also just asked me to sign a delivery declaration form to activate the app and complete the delivery. Never heard of that before
Haha, so they want you to accept delivery before the car has even arrived in the country?

I'd suggest waiting until you actually see the car. It takes at most 5 minutes to electronically sign the documents once you're in front of the car and have inspected it.

Reactions: Acko1985
Is that definitely the case? Mine is being leased through Arval, but they set up my Tesla account for me, and in there I've put my personal mobile number. Shouldn't Tesla be using the number in there for customer contact? they're certainly using the email in there to send me marketing spam.
Tesla told me when I phoned them earlier as I'm in the same position (through a lease company)

• Informative
Reactions: Ben177
I ordered in the middle of October
Interesting. I phoned up again now and he said I should get something assigned in a week or two and that "the ships in the Atlantic" load of lies on that point.
I ordered 13th October through Tesla lease and he's said I should have car assigned in a week or two. Not sure what's going on or how they are assigning them

If it is of interest, I got my text message today: Being offered collection from Edinburgh Newbridge on 26 or 27 November 2020, for a red Model 3 SR+ (long standing order which I'd previously pushed back). This fits with a boat load arriving given the other collections dates people mentioned here earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.