Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My (potentially optimistic) guess is that Tesla are still contacting all those who have matches with cars on the RCC ANTWERP. It looks like when you get the text you need to phone up to arrange collection. If Tesla spread out the sending of the texts over the 3-4 week period it takes for the cars to go from San Francisco to the UK then they won't overwhelm their call centres. There's no motivation for them to contact everyone sooner.

If there's over 3,000 cars on the ship, say 1,500 are coming to the UK, they'd need to send around 100 texts a day for 3 weeks to cover all owners, and hence receive 100 calls a day to arrange collection, on top of all the other calls they receive.

Sorry if this is a dumb question........how do you search inventory for potential match to your order?

On available inventory,

However it changes quickly, and most of the stuff on there is unallocated stuff on one of the future boats. It's not all available faster. I asked to swap to same spec car diff colour which was showing as available yesterday, but they said it might even be on Boat 3 so don't change.

My (potentially optimistic) guess is that Tesla are still contacting all those who have matches with cars on the RCC ANTWERP. It looks like when you get the text you need to phone up to arrange collection. If Tesla spread out the sending of the texts over the 3-4 week period it takes for the cars to go from San Francisco to the UK then they won't overwhelm their call centres. There's no motivation for them to contact everyone sooner.

If there's over 3,000 cars on the ship, say 1,500 are coming to the UK, they'd need to send around 100 texts a day for 3 weeks to cover all owners, and hence receive 100 calls a day to arrange collection, on top of all the other calls they receive.

Sales team yesterday said if you hadn't heard already then your car isn't on the ANTWERP. I am not sure I believe it totally though.

On available inventory,

However it changes quickly, and most of the stuff on there is unallocated stuff on one of the future boats. It's not all available faster. I asked to swap to same spec car diff colour which was showing as available yesterday, but they said it might even be on Boat 3 so don't change.
Thanks. Do you mean on the Tesla website? Currently only showing SR+ models.

Reactions: Morriscoombes
upload_2020-10-30_11-46-21.png

RCC Antwerp currently in the Panama Canal :) from this site

Totally agree with this

If you're happy with the suggestion it's a text back, it's only if you need move it you have to call.

Sharing my experience so far (in Denmark): Ordered a blue Performance (black interior) on Sept. 28th. On Oct 16th got a notification that the order was updated to the 2021 version. Since then - nothing, no VIN, no delivery estimate.

On Oct 26th exact same configuration as mine appears as "In stock" but not "In transit", so I call them up and get to hear (and also got an email) that these cars are still "pre-production" (how is that then "in stock" is beyond my comprehension) and will not be delivered before my order anyway. In the meantime this and all other Performance configurations have disappeared from the "stock".

At the same time, if I go and order a LR or Performance right now the estimated delivery still shows up as December (for the SR+ the estimated delivery is now February). If that estimate is at all realistic, this means that they still can process an order, manufacture a car and get it over to Denmark before the end of the year? Or do they rely on produced unassigned vehicles? No idea :)

So ... waiting for the ships to move as everyone else :)

My text to arrange collection gave a web link to book the delivery appointment, not a phone call. The online appointment calendar didn't give me many options (a few timeslots over two days), so if none had been suitable I would have phoned.

However... I do think they will be staggering the text messages anyway, as people are receiving them over many days as it is. Plus surely others will get offered the timeslots I didn't choose.

I am trading a car in, so maybe that makes a difference. They probably want to get these booked in. Anyone who isn't might get a home delivery option? Especially with risks of any lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.