Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just did a bit of time hoping back to May on this thread around the 330 mark and seems people were still picking up and or having car delivered during the first lockdown.
IIRC, Tesla were prioritising deliveries to key workers initially before implementing their contact less deliveries.

They also increased home deliveries, using a variety of transporter companies to deliver to homes.

I collected 2 days before lockdown, we were still able to go into the service centre, got the walk through on a demo car then were handed our key cards.

The service centres remained open throughout lockdown, promoting their contact less delivery model. I'd be very surprised if anyone was not able to collect their car this quarter, during a second lockdown, although collection days could be delayed slightly.

It was a different story for some lease companies though, where you collect the car from the lease company rather than from Tesla. A few new owners weren't able to pick up as the lease companies had closed their yards.

Reactions: Arran and Ledzep
IIRC, Tesla were prioritising deliveries to key workers initially before implementing their contact less deliveries.

They also increased home deliveries, using a variety of transporter companies to deliver to homes.

I collected 2 days before lockdown, we were still able to go into the service centre, got the walk through on a demo car then were handed our key cards.

The service centres remained open throughout lockdown, promoting their contact less delivery model. I'd be very surprised if anyone was not able to collect their car this quarter, during a second lockdown, although collection days could be delayed slightly.

It was a different story for some lease companies though, where you collect the car from the lease company rather than from Tesla. A few new owners weren't able to pick up as the lease companies had closed their yards.

Yes, interesting looking back, found this post back in April. In some cases there was the option (at own cost) to have the car delivered for a fee. At least it looks like we should all get our cars one way or another :)

Lockdown deliveries.png

Hi all - Ordered LR White, no options 11/09 through a broker with a lease company. Chased the broker last week with no meaningful response from them, but then got a text the day after from Tesla with an RN ref, requesting an address for direct delivery 20/11. Broker has confirmed this is a ‘2021 refreshed’ model but how likely is this? Guess this is the RCC Antwerp? Will check with Tesla Monday I guess...

Hi all - Ordered LR White, no options 11/09 through a broker with a lease company. Chased the broker last week with no meaningful response from them, but then got a text the day after from Tesla with an RN ref, requesting an address for direct delivery 20/11. Broker has confirmed this is a ‘2021 refreshed’ model but how likely is this? Guess this is the RCC Antwerp? Will check with Tesla Monday I guess...
Check the VIN that will tell you if it is refreshed version

Nah, logistics, couriers etc will remain running (basically anything that you can’t do from home is ok).
It’s just non essential retail that can’t open. The SC can open for repairs to cars but not retail car sales.

Yeah, last time Tesla arranged home deliveries where possible or allowed people to arrange their own, no pickups.

I assume that would exclude any customers with trade-in, but I don't know as they send a low loader. It's also not clear if (for example) you live in England, but your delivery pickup is Scotland. I guess we'll all have to wait for updates from Tesla when they work out what they can and can't do, it's going to be very frustrating.

Moderator comment - off topic post moved from 2020 Shipping Movements

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a central list of who is at what stage in the order process?

I've seen there are some Google Sheets but either mostly USA, or out of date (or both).

Just would be interesting to see (1) how many people are sat at the "awaiting text/VIN" stage, and (2) how long people have had to wait at that stage in the past before getting the message.

Also have my own question though :). I have ordered the Model 3 performance beginning of October and right after the refresh, I updated my order to the new version (just in case).

would my order be on the RCC Antwerp? If not, would it be on the Triton?

Moderator comment - off topic post moved from 2020 Shipping Movements

Been lurking a week or two and enjoying these updates, can't believe how well you've sleuthed all this info!

I've ordered blue/white/aero LR 1.5 weeks ago, ETA 'Dec' and not heard much news on which boats these would be on, is it likely they won't be and I'll be waiting until next year?

Thanks for this fantastic info btw, great read!

Moderator comment - post moved from 2020 Shipping Movements

Must day this is a fascinating forum thread!! I ordered my Model 3 Long Range just over a month ago, ETA at the time was November and that's the last I heard from the leasing company which clearly isn't too uncommon! Hopefully my vehicle be on one of those ships that have been listed!

Moderator comment - post moved from 2020 Shipping Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.