Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing here is TRITON ACE - it might mean some people get it late November but it might be early December. I would think the next boat will just about end in a early-mid December date as well so this is probably why they keep using that general time frame.

For anyone collecting from Scotland, this has the potential to make things a little trickier:

Covid in Scotland: Sturgeon 'actively considering' travel ban in law

The collection centre at Edinburgh Newbridge is currently Tier 3 (along with most of the central belt). If you're travelling to collect from a Tier 2 or 1 area you may need to prove your journey is essential.

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
I ordered a model 3 performance at the end of September/early October depending when the leasing company put it through, it is white/black. I have just been allocated a car for delivery 28th November - 4th December. I hadn't see any/many performance versions having been allocated so was quite happy to get the message. It has a M in the VIN but apart from supposition, I guess it's not 100% certain that this will be a refreshed model. I guess there is nothing to have stopped a pre-refresh model from having an M? I am checking with Tesla anyway.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation - same order period, same car, same projected delivery date (just informed) via a business lease company. But I have no RN or VIN or text from Tesla.

Anyone notice that there is different wording under next steps depending on whether you are using the website on a Mac or via an iPhone?

On the Mac it states:

Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Whereas on the iPhone it states invoice rather than contract? You'd have thought they'd both be the same?

Anyone notice that there is different wording under next steps depending on whether you are using the website on a Mac or via an iPhone?

On the Mac it states:

Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Whereas on the iPhone it states invoice rather than contract? You'd have thought they'd both be the same?

Actually, when designing websites you usually have two versions for mobile/pc, likely they forgot to update one of them.

I ordered a model 3 performance at the end of September/early October depending when the leasing company put it through, it is white/black. I have just been allocated a car for delivery 28th November - 4th December. I hadn't see any/many performance versions having been allocated so was quite happy to get the message. It has a M in the VIN but apart from supposition, I guess it's not 100% certain that this will be a refreshed model. I guess there is nothing to have stopped a pre-refresh model from having an M? I am checking with Tesla anyway.

That’s good to know, as I also hadn’t seen anyone else who ordered a Performance getting a delivery notification. I ordered a P on Oct 5th, but not had any notification yet, other than them trying to match me to a 2020 car they had lying around. M in the VIN does indicate a 2021 car.

For those jonesing for info on the refresh, this has just appeared (has english subs):

Highlights:

• Laminated glass
  • Blacked out window trim / door trim
  • Brief look at new sport wheels (don't look great)
  • Power trunk demo
  • Holes in rubber sealing to help with water ingress to boot
  • Matte door trim with door graphic on open button
  • New steering wheel material ('more grippy')
  • Wheels on the wheel (!) are metal now
  • Tunnel as expected
  • And 64Gb USB flash (USB A) included in glovebox

For those jonesing for info on the refresh, this has just appeared (has english subs):

Highlights:

• Laminated glass
  • Power trunk demo
  • Tunnel as expected
Thanks for this, was waiting for the videos to come out! Great bunch of changes indeed, can't wait :)

glad to hear there are some M3Ps getting shipped! Congrats

I'm in almost exactly the same situation - same order period, same car, same projected delivery date (just informed) via a business lease company. But I have no RN or VIN or text from Tesla.

I am with LeasingOptions through my employer, but when the refresh happened I bothered them a lot for a VIN and to make sure I would get a refreshed model. That might be why they gave me a VIN, because I was impatient with them! I have not yet heard from Tesla to see if they can tell me what ship it is on and to triple check it is a refreshed model, but last time I emailed a query they replied relatively quickly so hopefully they will do the same this time.I have been told to wait for a text for the specific collection date. Now need to sell my old car :D

That’s good to know, as I also hadn’t seen anyone else who ordered a Performance getting a delivery notification. I ordered a P on Oct 5th, but not had any notification yet, other than them trying to match me to a 2020 car they had lying around. M in the VIN does indicate a 2021 car.

glad to hear there are some M3Ps getting shipped! Congrats

Thanks both, very exciting. Whilst M means 2021, I guess there is nothing to say that some of the 2021 models could have had pre-fresh equipment? I posted as soon as I got the email as I know that so few people have mentioned P models (if at all).

Highlights:

• Laminated glass
  • Power trunk demo
  • Tunnel as expected

Thanks for this. I've also been looking and waiting for a real video. Might do a round up myself if I get delivery early.

Thanks both, very exciting. Whilst M means 2021, I guess there is nothing to say that some of the 2021 models could have had pre-fresh equipment? I posted as soon as I got the email as I know that so few people have mentioned P models (if at all).

I rang Tesla about mine last week and they confirmed that when I am matched, it’ll be to a refresh model.

I am with LeasingOptions through my employer, but when the refresh happened I bothered them a lot for a VIN and to make sure I would get a refreshed model. That might be why they gave me a VIN, because I was impatient with them! I have not yet heard from Tesla to see if they can tell me what ship it is on and to triple check it is a refreshed model, but last time I emailed a query they replied relatively quickly so hopefully they will do the same this time.I have been told to wait for a text for the specific collection date. Now need to sell my old car :D

I’m concerned I’ll get a non refresh version allocated by the lease firm. Not had any news as yet though so I assume I’m not on the first ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.