Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone collecting from Scotland, this has the potential to make things a little trickier:

Covid in Scotland: Sturgeon 'actively considering' travel ban in law

The collection centre at Edinburgh Newbridge is currently Tier 3 (along with most of the central belt). If you're travelling to collect from a Tier 2 or 1 area you may need to prove your journey is essential.

Collecting your Tesla might count as "shopping", which strangely seems to be a valid excuse to enter a higher tier area?

What does Level 2 mean for travel?
There should be no non-essential travel to areas that are at Level 3 or above (or their equivalents elsewhere in the UK). There are exemptions for people who need to travel into, or out of, these areas for essential work, education, shopping or health reasons.

I'm not keen on doing this via public transport though... train/bus and then walk/taxi for the last leg.

I missed a call from Tesla this evening - expect I'll be able to ask about this tomorrow.

Update:

Quote above was from local council. Wording here is more narrow: Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on travel and transport - gov.scot

travel for essential shopping only where it is not possible in your local authority area

Seems debatable if a car is essential or not - will depend on family circumstances.

Last edited:
My reading of the regs for England:

PART 3 includes exceptions for leaving your home: ‘Businesses permitted to remain open’ allow ‘Car repair and MOT services’ and ‘Car parks’ to remain open. Plus ‘Storage and distribution facilities, including delivery drop off or collection points, where the facilities are in the premises of a business included in this Part.’

So long as Tesla operate click & collect we should be fine.

PART 2 of the regs: the Showroom has to close.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020

Of course, be careful who you take. No gatherings.

Last edited:
Spoke with live chat as found a very similar spec appear in the inventory. Asked the guy to match it to me and he did. Just waiting for the allocation text/VIN still now...

Still no text so gave them a quick call. Really friendly helpful guy, said the inventory car definitely allocated and he looked up and saw it on the Triton Ace which is going through Panama canal over the weekend. Refreshing he was so friendly to share and talk about this stuff.

This is interesting as this was an inventory vehicle, and because based on the order date of 21/10 I think there was virtually no chance the "original" car would have been on Antwerp. We still have another car with different spec in our order which still hasn't been allocated yet. I think the original order ETA of November was very optimistic. I really hope all of us ordering around the same time get ours this side of Christmas.

I've just been onto Tesla UK as I STILL haven't been matched, having ordered a LR on Sept 3rd, and seeing people here being matched etc.
I was offered a car at the very end of Sept with the condition I collected it within 24hrs (quarter end?), but with no home charger, couldn't move money that quick as it was Friday lunch time and a Hospital appointment I had to decline.

THAT is now the problem, he said - and I won't be alone. :rolleyes:
The system is trying to match me to a new car with the old spec!
Even though I have the notification that I would get the updated version the system is still searching for old spec cars as it offered me one earlier.
They will now have to manually allocate me a car with the new spec, and that as I am very high up on the list I should get a VIN in the next week or so (assuming they haven't already been allocated?)
The first ship, RCC Antwerp, does not have Long Range cars on it but the subsequent one's do.

So much for earlier calls where I was told I'd get it by the end of the quarter.
If I hadn't called, I'd be in a perpetual loop of the system trying to find me a car that isn't made anymore.

I told him to expect another call next week if I haven't heard.

Just chatting with the online chat. Found mine to be on the Grand Aurora arriving in the docks between the 25th-28th of November. I'm picking up directly in Southampton, so I'm assuming an earlier collection date than others as there's no 'Last-Mile' delivery? Anyone had any experience; to know if my theory is correct?

The first ship, RCC Antwerp, does not have Long Range cars on it but the subsequent one's do.

seems to be some misinformation somewhere.. i have a LR confirmed refreshed model on order and tesla have told me its on the Antwerp, and am collecting on 19th November, just a week after Antwerp arrives at southampton and days before any other ships are due to arrive so unless there is another ship that Mr Miserable hasnt accounted arriving beforehand the Antwerp has to have some stock of LR onboard.

M3 LR white, no options. Ordered through Nationwide Vehicles with Lex (they say) on 11/09. Tesla and Lex have now confirmed delivery at home (Surrey) on 20/11, and very nice lady at Tesla (01628 450660) has just texted the VIN which confirmed 2021 model year.

I've just been onto Tesla UK as I STILL haven't been matched, having ordered a LR on Sept 3rd, and seeing people here being matched etc.
I was offered a car at the very end of Sept with the condition I collected it within 24hrs (quarter end?), but with no home charger, couldn't move money that quick as it was Friday lunch time and a Hospital appointment I had to decline.

THAT is now the problem, he said - and I won't be alone. :rolleyes:
The system is trying to match me to a new car with the old spec!
Even though I have the notification that I would get the updated version the system is still searching for old spec cars as it offered me one earlier.
They will now have to manually allocate me a car with the new spec, and that as I am very high up on the list I should get a VIN in the next week or so (assuming they haven't already been allocated?)

So much for earlier calls where I was told I'd get it by the end of the quarter.
If I hadn't called, I'd be in a perpetual loop of the system trying to find me a car that isn't made anymore.

I told him to expect another call next week if I haven't heard.
This is interesting, I wonder if this applies to people who ordered before the "Refresh" came out. Originally I ordered 8th October and it was 2020 version, I then got an e-mail saying my order had been updated to the 2021 Refresh model. But I wonder if the system is still trying to assign me an old spec.
Going to give them another call today see what I can find out :)

Btw, I live 2 miles (over the bridge) from Dartford, but 30 miles from Chelmsford and 55 from Chertsey my only two options. I've heard people have collected from Dartford, so any idea why I wasn't given that option (LR)? Can I ask that they move it do you think? Nothing booked in yet, good 6 weeks away I'd guess...

Still no text so gave them a quick call. Really friendly helpful guy, said the inventory car definitely allocated and he looked up and saw it on the Triton Ace which is going through Panama canal over the weekend. Refreshing he was so friendly to share and talk about this stuff.

This is interesting as this was an inventory vehicle, and because based on the order date of 21/10 I think there was virtually no chance the "original" car would have been on Antwerp. We still have another car with different spec in our order which still hasn't been allocated yet. I think the original order ETA of November was very optimistic. I really hope all of us ordering around the same time get ours this side of Christmas.
This ties up with my order which was made 24/10 an inventory car, and I too have been told Triton Ace on 2 different occasions.

Reactions: 512uk
Great news - I've ordered the same spec as you, so hoping there's a spare one on the same boat for me :)
**UPDATE**
Just had text to say “Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order and we will be in contact shortly to make delivery arrangements.”

Will ring tomorrow to confirm refreshed model and delivery date

** 2nd Update **

Tesla have confirmed that my LEX Autolease M3 LR MSM 19" (no hitch) has been allocated in California and will be arriving in the UK in 3 to 4 weeks. Have confirmed VIN assigned and will be refreshed model. Ordered 25th Sept 2020.

Just chatting with the online chat. Found mine to be on the Grand Aurora arriving in the docks between the 25th-28th of November. I'm picking up directly in Southampton, so I'm assuming an earlier collection date than others as there's no 'Last-Mile' delivery? Anyone had any experience; to know if my theory is correct?
Still can't locate how to get on live chat

Status
Not open for further replies.