Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I got my VIN today for my grey M3 LR. She is on the Grand Aurora. So what now? I am in the UK. Will I get a 2021 car or a 2020 which is the spec I ordered in Sept?

Mr Miserable, I just wanted to say thank you for all of the hard work you put in. Bravo.

Has anyone had experience of home delivery with Lex Autolease?
I am just wondering if it's delivered by Tesla direct to my home or do they deliver to Lex and they then arrange delivery.
I have been told that scheduled delivery is between 28th November and 4th December and have had Vin and registration number supplied.

I do have data regarding Model Year as I have the container vins

For Model S/X - almost all are 2021 - 99.9%. It looks like a couple of 2020 are onboard . These would be ones requiring rework at Fremont prior to October.

For Model 3 right hand drive from Fremont - I have hundreds of vins across Australia/New Zealand and some for Hong Kong. 99.9% are 2021 models. These get built all close together for right hand drive LR/P Europe so I would expect the same is happening for the right hand drive SFO Roro Tesla.

I've been on one of these VIN checker sites, I have no idea if they are any use, and apparently the M means its a 2021 model. We will see, I'm not over fussed but I would prefer the chrome delete.

How long do you think it will be before she lands in blighty?

Btw, I live 2 miles (over the bridge) from Dartford, but 30 miles from Chelmsford and 55 from Chertsey my only two options. I've heard people have collected from Dartford, so any idea why I wasn't given that option (LR)? Can I ask that they move it do you think? Nothing booked in yet, good 6 weeks away I'd guess...

That is strange. I live in East London and did not want to trek to West London to test drive preferring the easier journey to Dartford. I ordered a LR in late October and specified Dartford as the collection location (I have not had my car allocated yet). I would request a change that is much more convenient for you.

A warning if you ordered FSD at the old price and are paying cash. My completed tasks page says that I owe an extra £1000 for FSD. The Booking Invoice shows the old price (which was valid when I placed the order).

Previous posters have said Tesla will honour prices from when the original order was placed.

That is strange. I live in East London and did not want to trek to West London to test drive preferring the easier journey to Dartford. I ordered a LR in late October and specified Dartford as the collection location (I have not had my car allocated yet). I would request a change that is much more convenient for you.

Thanks, will do as and when it gets closer. I wanted to check it was an option as it never came up for me during the initial process.

It changes once you get confirmation of a delivery day/time. Mine came by email and text later on the same day I got the allocation text.

The page then changes to ask for whatever final up-front payment is necessary depending on how you’re financing the car

Hi I ordered 15/10/2020 LR with 19”Wheels, I still have, ‘we’re drafting up your invoice’, have phoned and been told will get a allocation and VIN once the boat docks. And will probably get delivery late November to mid December! Bit miffed that they won’t say more as they must know what’s been shipped and allocations. And have see on here that people ordering Later in October have had their VIN No’s.

• Informative
Reactions: Magicuni82
Though I was told the boat, I was also told that they aren't giving out VINs or registrations in case, say, the car gets damaged en route. They've had complications where people have arranged insurance etc, only to discover they actually have a different car, so they're now announcing them later.

That was the reason they gave me, anyway, but the policy does seem rather to depend on whom you end up speaking to :)

When I put in the order for my M3LR in mid-April the only collection point I was offered that was any use was West Drayton.
I managed to get a test drive in Mid-July from the newly opened Southampton Delivery Hub (in the Docks).
After the test drive I was chatting to the guy there about my West Drayton pickup and he said I could now pick it up at Southampton instead.
Gave him my RN and he arranged for change of pickup which turned out to be early-September.
Come collection day I drove my old Volvo (for trade-in) to the Docks, picked up the M3 and drove it home.

Ordered mine 24/9 white LR with no extras. Didn’t hear anything from Tesla till 6/11. Called them and was told that cars without tow hitch may take 1-2 weeks to be allocated. I asked him to add a tow bar to mine and match me a available white LR car with a tow hitch from the inventory. He Matched it and I received an allocation text on 7/11. He also mentioned that car would be delivered in early to mid December. Gave me a VIN but couldn’t confirm which ship it was on. Now waiting for delivery text! The Tesla account has not been updated yet!

Just asked:

With collections we are actually allocating all collections from our new and improved collection point in Chertsey - we no long do collection from our service centres sorry this is because we simply don't have the space at our service centres. If the team allowed Chelmsford, then i would stick with that - otherwise it will have to be Chertsey

Hi I ordered 15/10/2020 LR with 19”Wheels, I still have, ‘we’re drafting up your invoice’, have phoned and been told will get a allocation and VIN once the boat docks. And will probably get delivery late November to mid December! Bit miffed that they won’t say more as they must know what’s been shipped and allocations. And have see on here that people ordering Later in October have had their VIN No’s.

I had a similar story when I called, but they didn't say allocation would happen after the ship docks. They did tell me to call back around the 17th November if I haven't heard anything and that delivery should be last week of November to mid December, so with that date falling in between the first two arrivals the timing at least does seem to be plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.