Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting - Presume you don't have a reg yet if you're not due to pick up till December - was it okay with the insurance company to insure by the VIN? May I ask which insurance company you've gone with? I'm currently finding Churchill to be the cheapest
Hi JC100
tell me, how do you get your details "MSM FSD LRAWD B&W TOW 19" Wheels Ordered Mid-Sept" to show in your post?
I'd like to do the same in my posts.

Ordered M3LR Blue/Black interior, 18in Aeros and tow hitch on 31 Aug 20.
Confirmed delivery/pickup Chertsey on 19 Nov 20.
VIN 5YJ3F7EB2MF****** issued - refresh model
Vehicle Reg issued 12 Nov, LB70 ***
Currently In transit on RCC Antwerp

Ok thanks, refresh model as well :) My order was placed earlier than yours so hopefully will be on the same ship. Although they have told me to expect it in December.

Interesting - Presume you don't have a reg yet if you're not due to pick up till December - was it okay with the insurance company to insure by the VIN? May I ask which insurance company you've gone with? I'm currently finding Churchill to be the cheapest
I went with Direct Line, wasn’t the cheapest but vandalism doesn’t affect NCB and seeing I have none, I’m eager to start building! Also my excess is £650 so quite happy with that!

You can insure using your VIN however I don’t have that, I do have a private plate which I have to direct line, I just have to take the V750 form on pickup day and they put the private plate on. I believe they charge £35 for it! I do have a spare plate E10ONN if you want it off me ;)

You can insure using your VIN however I don’t have that, I do have a private plate which I have to direct line, I just have to take the V750 form on pickup day and they put the private plate on. I believe they charge £35 for it! I do have a spare plate E10ONN if you want it off me ;)

You need to double check that.

Unless Tesla register your car with your private plate (unlikely as they operate a fixed delivery process), you will not be able to put your private plates until you do the assignment and notify your insurers which you will not be able to do until you get the V5, normally the following week.

Lots of threads eg Private Plate Question

Hi, quick question is it true you can't do a pickup from Dartford anymore? Chat guy said it only service there now? I was offered a Southampton inventory car but he said they can transport up this way to chemlsford for pickup.. is he right? Or is he chatting sh1t? Lol

I'm new to this forum and the "complex" tesla order logic - can one except to have a VIN assigned while the Grand Aurora passes the Canal ? I think someone wrote about this but I want to be sure. Ordered at 29th of October but no VIN, no invoice, no nothing yet.

Nothing about delivery here but I only received my allocation text yesterday. So I'm assuming it's on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL which means it will be way into December (possibly Christmas week by looks of it) before arriving in UK if the GRAND AURORA is anything to go by (people getting delivery for 2nd week). Bit of a let down by Tesla I must say, first it was "November" then it was "End of November" then it was "December" now it's look more likely end of December.

Really sucks because the Insurance on my current car runs out on 30th November and I really didn't want to mess about redoing the insurance on that for such a short period.

Alas I suppose the wait will be worth it even with all the messing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.