Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Tesla today as I got my allocation text on Tuesday. He said "The Boat is still to far away from the UK to give a estimated delivery date, however it should be 2nd half of December"

This this pretty much confirms its on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL so I assume anyone who got allocation text this week must be same.

Must say pretty peeved with Tesla now, I was told Estimate November. It's also bad because I was trading in a vehicle I have uploaded all V5 etc but according to gent on phone the trade-in offer is only valid for 60 days after which it will need to be re-evaluated (and will reduce in value due to doing more than 1000 Miles since then). Due to them also clearing finance on my old car it means I now have to mess about with working out if I will owe anything before trading it in (Had all this settled back in October).

Well back to more waiting and messing about :)

I feel your pain,
Ordered 27th September
LR Red/Black 19”
Told delivery no later then end of November
SMS allocation 10th November
No further updates.

Trade in expires soon so going to be now paying out more money.
Current car insurance expires start of December

I have ordered lots of new cars before and this is the worst experience I have had. The complete lack of updates and information is shocking. Would of been worse if it wasn’t for the great work being done on this site!

the excitement I had for getting this car has gone it’s now just stress of making sure I can still get to work and how much more this is going to cost me.

A source in the USA has just confirmed to me that my faith in the GLOVIS SUN turning up to load is well-founded however I have yet to identify the others. The 'others'?
That's my weekend ruined...
Hi Mr Miserable, the information provided on this forum is fascinating and I thank you for it. My question though relates to the ships manifest rather than the ships themselves. Is there a forum that deals with that because I’ve been getting conflicting statements on the delivery of my MSLR. Can you or anyone in here direct me to such a forum?

I received my Vin number and registration on 5th November via lease company and hoped that my car was on Triton Ace with delivery promised 28th November to 4th December.
Received text regarding collection from Manchester on 9th December and the car is on Grand Aurora. Grand Aurora was just of the coast of Mexico when I received the Vin etc so still don't understand when Tesla firm up on information.

Reactions: WheresMyCar
ordered on 28th October for delivery in Edinburgh.

Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Pearl White Paint
Performance Upgrade
20’’ Uberturbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

SMS saying my tesla has been allocated received on 11th Nov.

Any clue which vessel she will be on/ ETA?
I had similar - ordered 26 Oct got my text this week and confirmed delivery for 11 Dec. I’d thought Triton Ace is the most likely but think it’s difficult to call given the logistics of moving cars to Scotland definitely bumps orders down the list for delivery dates.

I feel your pain,
Ordered 27th September
LR Red/Black 19”
Told delivery no later then end of November
SMS allocation 10th November
No further updates.

Trade in expires soon so going to be now paying out more money.
Current car insurance expires start of December

I have ordered lots of new cars before and this is the worst experience I have had. The complete lack of updates and information is shocking. Would of been worse if it wasn’t for the great work being done on this site!

the excitement I had for getting this car has gone it’s now just stress of making sure I can still get to work and how much more this is going to cost me.
Haha you're me. My insurance on current car runs out on 30/11 means I've gotta renew it only got a few weeks which means forking out a cancellation fee as well. Sucks but I want this car haha

This. 1000x this. They must know months in advance when they are building cars and how long they will take to get to their countries and how long it will take to get to the delivery centres within those countries - at least within a reasonable margin of error.

Their logistics seem to be working well, it's their customer communication that sucks; somewhere along that line there is a communication break, I'm not sure if it's deliberate or incompetent.

When I ordered it was "November delivery", when I spoke to them at the start of November it was "late November". When I spoke to them earlier this week it was "last week of November, start of December" and now it looks like it will be late December. I wouldn't mind that if they'd told me it at the outset, but I now realise they knew the first ship into the UK was arriving this weekend so November was never possible based on when I ordered, there were too many orders in front of me.

Any other manufacturer would have said something like "7th-21st December" when you ordered and then kept you updated if anything caused a delay, or even if you had the opportunity to jump up the queue because of a cancellation or something.

Reactions: Old n grumpy
Yes it’s extremely frustrating, part exchanging my existing company motor, but all the time I’m knocking up the mileage. I believe the Tesla allowance is 1200/month, this is the mileage to work I do per month. So trading price will probably get adjusted, not to any fault of my own or my company the customer. Lot of you guys are buying your own personal cars so effecting you’re own pockets. It’s not very good, they really need to look into this, as it may put some customers off.

Thanks Mr Miserable for all this. Newly registered here but I've been watching RCC Antwerp's journey. Should be offloading my M3SR+ now. Delivery scheduled for 25th November. Very little info as it is ordered through company car lease with Lex. Just holding my breath and excitement for another 11 days. Hard to think of other things though.

Hi All

I have just ordered a M3 on 12th November it said they had an exact match car sitting in London but i want to collect from Birmingham, does anyone have any idea how long it could be before i can get the car, what are the chances it will be this year.

Hi All

I have just ordered a M3 on 12th November it said they had an exact match car sitting in London but i want to collect from Birmingham, does anyone have any idea how long it could be before i can get the car, what are the chances it will be this year.

In London probably means it's an unallocated build that's currently on a ship en route to the UK.

99% chance of you receiving this year, most likely mid-December. Tesla do everything they can to ensure as many orders can be fulfilled before quarter end.

They'll be able to transfer the car to Birmingham for you if you accept the match.

Enjoy and welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.