Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is yours being collected from?

finally got told today mines the 9th too, asked about having it delivered to my home address, but told it will add a week or so (probably more on the so side lol), so sticking with the 9th, and the 75 mile journey there. been a long 3 month wait

Collecting from Edinburgh apparently (live near Carlisle).

Just noticed that the Centre closes at 4pm (not sure if that's restricted Covid hours) and I'm supposed to be collecting at 4pm..... not sure how I'm going to manage it to be honest, Mrs won't be able to take me as she'll need to get the kids from school and not fancying the public transport route and who knows what we will and won't be allowed to do by then....

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Last time I bought a TV/fridge/anything I don't remember a separate charge covering the cost of shipping from Japan....

It's just another one of those car things that have existed for years and that they get away with. Ditto registration and document fees.

You are another victim of the Amazon Prime fallacy. Transport has a cost, which you will pay for, one way or another. Just because you didn't have a separate charge for your Japanese appliance, it doesn't mean it wasn't wrapped up in the price.

You are another victim of the Amazon Prime fallacy. Transport has a cost, which you will pay for, one way or another. Just because you didn't have a separate charge for your Japanese appliance, it doesn't mean it wasn't wrapped up in the price.

Not at all. Do you think that I'm that naive that I don't know that there's transportation and logistics costs baked into the price?

My point is that adding opaque charges after the ticket price is typical of the car industry. Most other vendors (excluding B2B) of goods do not add charges to the bottom line price.
Even in this particular case, the £935 is a nonsense. Look to the Shipping thread.....the actual cost of transporting a car will be a closely held secret and its quite possibly more than £1K per car.

Not at all. Do you think that I'm that naive that I don't know that there's transportation and logistics costs baked into the price?

My point is that adding opaque charges after the ticket price is typical of the car industry. Most other vendors (excluding B2B) of goods do not add charges to the bottom line price.
Even in this particular case, the £935 is a nonsense. Look to the Shipping thread.....the actual cost of transporting a car will be a closely held secret and its quite possibly more than £1K per car.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if the RRP of the car was £935 more and there wasn't a separate £935 charge?

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
One thing to beware of when checking your cars over is to look for lines in the windscreen. Mine had a wide line that looked like a water run/drip down the passenger side. It wouldn't wipe off inside or out. My car's in a SC to get its list of issues resolved and when they replaced the windscreen they then realised that the new one had several lines through it too so it may be somewhat more common problem. They're going to replace the windscreen a second time once it finishes in the bodyshop.

It's highly likely that the long range cars on the "used inventory" page are still in transit, despite saying a location like London. The locations are where they vehicles will end up being.

Saying that, lots of people have phoned up to try and get allocated to a vehicle from that page only to find they've been allocated one already.

They've told me that I've been allocated a vehicle, but nothing else. There's four of my specification listed on inventory, two "in transit", one in London and one in Manchester.

I'm probably wrong, but I assume that the two with locations have actually arrived in the UK now - on the RCC Antwerp - or will be arriving on the next ship, because otherwise I would expect them to be listed as in transit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.