Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I've spoken with them they say it's not possible to say which ship your car is on!
a) I don't believe that and
b) Some people get lucky

It does seem to be a bit pot luck. I didn't even ask which ship it was on, she just told me so I could track my car journey. When I have asked questions they are very non-comital! Like do you think I will have it for Christmas!

All of the ones due in the next 2 weeks, I haven't been able to find which vessel my LR is on so I am just trying to find out

General rule of thumb seems to be that you will get a message saying you have a car allocated around the time it is loaded in San Francisco or shortly after the ship leaves there. You should then get a message telling you to book a collection date (or telling you delivery date) when the ship is a couple of days either side of the Panama Canal.

So my dates (in my signature) match with the GLOVIS CRYSTAL, my allocation message was same day it started loading and the delivery message when it was around three days from the Canal with my collection date nine days after it's due in Southampton (or more probably around a week after it finishes unloading).

If you've had any or all of those messages then it should be possible to work out the most likely ship.

Edit:
I just noticed you are in Norway which changes the calculations, your car will come from Fremont because it's LR, but it will be dropped at Zeebrugge and then shipped on from there.

Thanks for the reply. I am based in the UK actually, I didn't order a custom made car but rather one that was showing in transit on the tesla website so according to Tesla its already on its way. That's why I am trying to work out shipments to Shouth

General rule of thumb seems to be that you will get a message saying you have a car allocated around the time it is loaded in San Francisco or shortly after the ship leaves there. You should then get a message telling you to book a collection date (or telling you delivery date) when the ship is a couple of days either side of the Panama Canal.

So my dates (in my signature) match with the GLOVIS CRYSTAL, my allocation message was same day it started loading and the delivery message when it was around three days from the Canal with my collection date nine days after it's due in Southampton (or more probably around a week after it finishes unloading).

If you've had any or all of those messages then it should be possible to work out the most likely ship.

Edit:
I just noticed you are in Norway which changes the calculations, your car will come from Fremont because it's LR, but it will be dropped at Zeebrugge and then shipped on from there.

Edit:

I can’t see your sig, when did you get the allocation message? I got mine on the 11th of Nov but don’t have a delivery date yet. I’m assuming my vehicle is also on Glovis Crystal but maybe it’s on RCC Amsterdam instead which is a week behind the former.

Doesn't work in my case. I got my allocation text on 11 Nov, only a day after you, and haven't heard anything since

Just checked it looks like it also goes by the name
BS.png
HOEGH AMSTERDAM

vi7.png
Vehicles CarrierIMO: 9660798
(Ship name as reported by AIS: RCC AMSTERDAM)

Reactions: TheFuturist
Status
Not open for further replies.