Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to the web chat, I want to do some badgering :D

the only thing I can find is a contact is form to complete but I’m assuming this is not how you made contact...Thanks!

Its a little bit hit and miss but if you go to either the Build My Model 3 or Model 3 inventory page you may see a small chat icon appear in the corner of the screen. Bear in mind its not there all the time and I think limited to office hours so you may have to keep trying

Well you have a flow, they want to make the same thing over and over because the robots need to be set for building that spec, can't be changing it every time.

They come out of the factory and there will be a cut off date and they load what's built.. and then the next boat will come etc etc

I read somewhere they sell fairly equal numbers of the three specs, though I expect there must be some lumpiness in that due to different levels of subsidy in different geos

Reactions: TheFuturist
I think we are locked in for the 15-20th, so far I've not seen a single performance mentioned.

I just got my text! Delivery scheduled for the 19th at 12pm (literally as RCC Amsterdam leaves Panama). Interestingly, I am picking it up from Stains Rd, Chertsey rather than Park Royal which is the location I had selected :D

Order Date: 21/09/2020
Allocation Text: 11/11/2020
Delivery Text: 27/11/2020
Collection Date: 19/12/2020

Spec: Pearl White M3 Performance with White Interior & FSD

Reactions: nrps1
Just had text confirming delivery is due to my home on the 21st December. Have to reply back with my address to receive confirmation which I have done. How long is it usually till you get a reply confirming?

For ref my vin is 827XXX, the 8 is a check sum number so vin is 27XXX - edit - Ignore this, sequential vin number does start with an 8

Last edited:
For ref my vin is 827XXX, the 8 is a check sum number so vin is 27XXX

For Model 3's at very least, the full 8 digits have run sequentially. Our car is a 499xxx and they definitely rolled over to 5xxxxx during our delivery cycle. Even when car models changed from 2019 to 2020 and now 2021, the VIN is running sequentially. You can also go right back to early cars, some are really small VIN sequences. So the '8' is not a fixed check sum.

For Model 3's at very least, the full 8 digits have run sequentially. Our car is a 499xxx and they definitely rolled over to 5xxxxx during our delivery cycle. Even when car models changed from 2019 to 2020 and now 2021, the VIN is running sequentially. You can also go right back to early cars, some are really small VIN sequences. So the '8' is not a fixed check sum.
I will stand corrected, every day is a school day.

Status
Not open for further replies.