Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell GRAND AURORA will dock tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon at 16:45.
This is later than Tesla probably expected and so they will be ringing around to delay collections.
I would ring them again (don't ask for the same person) and point out why you need to collect on Friday.
If push comes to a shove you can point out that there is no ship scheduled to arrive from Zeebrugge on Saturday.

I think Tesla are half right...collect pushed back because they won’t have time to prep/check the car. I know we are talking about Tesla but I assume the just don’t drive the car off the boat and do the handover?

I collected my SR+ from Dartford this morning. We arrived ten minutes early as the number plates were being attached. Very quick and simple handover; I scanned a QR code on the door and waited for someone to come out which gave me time to inspect the car's exterior. It looks absolutely splendid. A member of Tesla staff came out and handed me the key cards, and gave me sufficient time to inspect the interior whilst he took my driving licence indoors to make a copy. No sign of paint imperfections, unacceptable panel gaps or damaged/unclean interior trim on the car. All accessories present and accounted for. Once I confirmed I was happy I signed the chap's phone and off I went! 78% charge got me home with plenty to spare.

Two small issues came to my attention upon further inspection/driving the car that will need rectifying; both side repeater cameras appear not to be working, and the boot lid sits slightly too low so it impacts on the top of the rear bumper causing some rubbing marks. I'll book an appointment for these to be rectified in the near future. Otherwise the car is absolutely terrific, and I couldn't be more pleased. Any questions please feel free to ask.

I picked up from Stockport today, staff there are great. Apparently they are moving to Manchester Airport from this Wednesday to a location that can handle in excess of 100 cars a day. There were only 20 going out today.
Strange I'm picking up from Stockport on 15th December, also doing a trade-in. I haven't heard anything as of yet about a location change. Really would prefer it to be Stockport, have to see what updates come this week :)

Confirmed my pickup has now changed from Stockport to
EU-UK-Manchester-Styal Rd
590 Styal Rd
Which is just outside Manchester airport. Bit of a joke as it's a further drive.
Date and time has stayed the same however

Status
Not open for further replies.