Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of Glovis Crystal, I was called yesterday by Tesla to ask if I would prefer home delivery rather than collection that had been arranged for 18th December. When I asked about delivery dates I was told that it would be no earlier than 18th as the vehicle doesn't arrive in the country until the day before. I had previously been told by Tesla that my order was on Glovis Crystal and timing of text messages etc seemed to back that up, maybe that lines up with the theory that Glovis Crystal is not coming to the UK and vehicles will be cross loaded onto one of the later vessels?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
On the subject of Glovis Crystal, I was called yesterday by Tesla to ask if I would prefer home delivery rather than collection that had been arranged for 18th December. When I asked about delivery dates I was told that it would be no earlier than 18th as the vehicle doesn't arrive in the country until the day before. I had previously been told by Tesla that my order was on Glovis Crystal and timing of text messages etc seemed to back that up, maybe that lines up with the theory that Glovis Crystal is not coming to the UK and vehicles will be cross loaded onto one of the later vessels?

Very annoying. I was told it was on Glovis Crystal and have a collection date of the 12th which based on this is definitely not going to happen now. I have arranged to sell my car that weekend - does anyone know if Tesla will give you a loaner for a delayed pickup?

GLOVIS CRYSTAL. I'm now pretty satisfied that the AIS position signal we are receiving is genuine and not faulty. The ship really is just sitting there 200nm NW of the Azores.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule has been updated and shows that she is now not expected to arrive until 0800 on 8th Dec. The AIS signal was updated with this ETA too. So it's confirmed that she is now going to be arriving 3 days later than originally planned.
One might assume Zeebrugge can't handle the flood of cars that are inbound. They experienced GRAND AURORA and TOSCANA being in port simultaneously and the idea of of a repeat performance by GLOVIS CRYSTAL and TANNHAUSER a week later may have been just too much to handle.
There is however a flaw to this argument because by delaying GLOVIS CRYSTAL to the 8th it will mean that she will be joined by RCC AMSTERDAM which continues to race across the Atlantic aiming to also arrive on the 8th. I think there will be a logistical reason for the delay and it may not be with the port.
So the remaining question is why stop where she is? If you recall I did say the weather would be rough for her on Thursday and Friday and so by holding her position she is actually keeping well clear of the bad weather. That's my guess anyway.
Will she wait there until RCC AMSTERDAM catches up and they race each other to the finish line? I suspect not, but if weather avoidance is her motive I can see her sitting there until Friday at least.
Nevertheless, it is a bizarre situation.

Mr M - in your experience, what is the fastest turnaround from docking to cars at Chertsey/Chelmsford that you are aware? Judging that a few of us have been given a date of 12th, I'm guessing it isn't impossible, but might as well be to keep to that date?

has any other car manufacturer offered to pick you up when you have collected a vehicle?

I was buying a Celica once, the last gen they made, and they offered to get me at the station and let me drive back to dealership before exchanging monies. When I got in it, there was a gaggle of school kids all around the car taking photos and screaming excitedly at the car! The more I think about it, the more I reckon it was a great selling technique (here's a fiver kids) to make me sign on the dotted line, as no one ever took pics of me in that car again hahaha

Just received another text from Tesla sales yet again confirming that my car M3 LR , Red with black and white interior, 18" Aero wheels will be delivered on 9th December to my home address. The car is on Grand Aurora and I had thought it might have been delayed but confirmed gain that it will be on time.
It's been a long time since August when I ordered it but it's been very interesting watching this forum and the Shipping movements thread.
Hope to confirm when I have received the car and post a picture( although I think you all know what it will look like).

Got change of pick up location from Stockport to Manchester Airport on my Tesla account on the web. No text.
Phoned and spoke to a helpful lady who confrmed ALL pick ups will be from Jetparks 3 car park on Styal Rd.
Tesla do NOT have any arrangement with the shuttle buses so you have to find your own way there. Not easy if you go via train to the Airport.

• Informative
Reactions: StevehConwy
Judging that a few of us have been given a date of 12th, I'm guessing it isn't impossible, but might as well be to keep to that date?

In the same boat (excuse the pun) on that one. Pickup at 10:30 in Dartford on the 12th. Not impossible, straight off the boat, onto the transporter and then straight to Dartford / Chelmsford. I'd imagine they will do this overnight if its possible to keep those appointments.

This is after all, the most important quarter in the most important year of the most valuable car company in the world.

Got change of pick up location from Stockport to Manchester Airport on my Tesla account on the web. No text.
Phoned and spoke to a helpful lady who confrmed ALL pick ups will be from Jetparks 3 car park on Styal Rd.
Tesla do NOT have any arrangement with the shuttle buses so you have to find your own way there. Not easy if you go via train to the Airport.
Did they mention anything about delays considering Glovis crystal isn't due now until 8th December.

If it helps anyone, there is a footpath/cyclepath alongside the A555 link road so you can walk from the airport station to Styal Road, it's at least 1.5 mile walk though. You can walk from Heald Green station which is closer but only the local trains stop there

Status
Not open for further replies.