Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked ours up from Thorpe Park. Scratch on windscreen and tiny paint scratch - both booked in to be sorted. Superfast and efficient pickup, then send to find the car "over there" but it was not hard to spot. Drove it 90 miles home - amazing. I particularly liked adaptive speed control, did not try autopilot om my first drive but with regenerative breaking driving was so easy and so fun. Its now home, the new charger works, waiting until 8.3o to see if Octopus GoFaster kicks in automatically for 5p per KW, but awesome. Technically this is my husbands car, but actually I want one, and we sold a Cayman to get this..

• Informative
Reactions: Morriscoombes
Perhaps Glovis Crystal has stopped so the boat carrying some engineers and all the missing/faulty door pillar cameras can catch it and fit/replace them before it reaches port. :rolleyes:
My M3LR delivered to me at home yesterday - with (inevitably) a non working left camera. Mentioned to the Tesla guy who phoned me to check in after delivery, he advised that apparently the cameras are all good, but the wiring to/from them is too short - so its simply not plugged in!!! I guess this has been a recuring issue and they didn't want to stop deliveries to fix this, prefering to let the SC guys sort it after delivery..!

Received my VIN and Re No. today. Does anyone know if home deliveries are via a trailer or is the car driven ?
On a flatbed. Here is mine arriving yesterday, having been collected from Chertsey. With number plates different from those that I had been advised! So rang insurer, and changed that. Three hours later, Tesla guy rings and says, he had just seen the delivery pics (taken by the flatbed driver) and realised that they had put the wrong plates on! They had registered it with the details they had advised me; their guy was here at 08:10 this morning to swap the plates over!

Indicentally, I mentioned the (inevitably) non working left camera to the guy, and that there were multiple reports of the same here. His response - the cameras are all good and working, but simply not connected as the wires to/from them are too short!!! Service visit booked...

Attachments

• car delivery.jpg
    car delivery.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: andylaight
Same, delayed 14th to 16th, Chelmsford, due to "Shipping delay" - I feel it's more a "logistics delay" of syncing up ships..
Bit frustrating, that Glovis Crystal bobbed in the mid Atlantic for 3 days killing time for some reason - will be the reason that those due aroudn 12-16th are delayed by at least 3 days. Perhaps they had technical issues out there. Time is money to those guys, seems odd.

Just collected my model 3 long range from Thorpe Park today.

Really easy experience in my opinion. Head to the White tent, checked driving license and keys handed over. Asked to give the car a once over and come back if any issues. If everything was fine to then scan the QR code in the car to complete the delivery.

Had a few issues with mine.
  • Scratch swirl marks on the bonnet and other panels.
  • Scratches on windscreen
  • Scratches on passenger windows
  • Scratches on roof glass
  • Roof glass not aligned properly on one side
  • Paint chip at the rear
  • Model 3 face plate not stuck down properly
  • Left camera not working
  • Condensation in left door pillar camera.
I reported all of these to the reps there and they were incredibly helpful. Accelerated the app access and logged it all with the service center. Glass should be replaced and I think a proper wash/polish will fix my paint scratch issues as they're not that deep.

Some people were rather unhappy with their pickups but generally my experience was fairly positive. Will update once I've been to the service. :)

So is it normal for a new Tesla Model 3 to be delivered with so many issues. I can sort of accept a few light paint scratches that will polish out and a few panel gaps that need adjustment but a new car that needs new roof glass and a new windscreen seems a pretty poor show. I'm due to have my Model 3 Performance delivered on December 21st and am prepared for a few issue but if it needs paintwork and or new glass it will stay on the delivery vehicle. It also looks like a lot of the recent deliveries have a camera issue. Does this issue (sounds like wires are connected due to an incorrect harness length) appear on all 2021 model 3's or just certain chassis numbers.

Last edited:
On a flatbed. Here is mine arriving yesterday, having been collected from Chertsey. With number plates different from those that I had been advised! So rang insurer, and changed that. Three hours later, Tesla guy rings and says, he had just seen the delivery pics (taken by the flatbed driver) and realised that they had put the wrong plates on! They had registered it with the details they had advised me; their guy was here at 08:10 this morning to swap the plates over!

Indicentally, I mentioned the (inevitably) non working left camera to the guy, and that there were multiple reports of the same here. His response - the cameras are all good and working, but simply not connected as the wires to/from them are too short!!! Service visit booked...
Nice !

That's crazy, they must have noticed at the factory when they got to the stage of the build where the cameras are connected. I can understand them letting the first batch through, but it looks like they continued to build them like that for weeks.

It really makes it look like they have no quality control and no pride in their work, which is very sad and also depressing because they will be in real trouble as traditional manufacturers ramp up their EV ranges - a perception of poor quality stays for years even after it's resolved.

Reactions: OttoR
My M3LR delivered to me at home yesterday - with (inevitably) a non working left camera. Mentioned to the Tesla guy who phoned me to check in after delivery, he advised that apparently the cameras are all good, but the wiring to/from them is too short - so its simply not plugged in!!! I guess this has been a recuring issue and they didn't want to stop deliveries to fix this, prefering to let the SC guys sort it after delivery..!

Hi Rab

how was the handover? Mine is coming on Thursday...was it the Tesla people or a contractor?

cheers

Apologies for the following ramble.......

Collected today and I haven't stopped smiling since !!

Picked up from SC Dartford and arrived a little early (1 hour early, to be exact, such a child !!).

They process was really smooth and the staff very friendly and engaging. Not at all irked by the fact I was there jiggling around like an overgrown kid that's eaten too many E numbers.

The car sitting on one of their slow gen 2 chargers, they don't have any superchargers there, which surprises me considering the proximity to the M25 and blue water.

The car was a little dirty, but they were very apologetic about it and offered to have it washed off, but being the large man child I am, I didn't have the patience to wait and seeing as I had a 30 mile drive home on M and A roads, would have made little difference.

The car was also sporting a set of new green tab plates in error (they are not yet legal), mine being the only one, so someone clearly had a brain fart. Although they quickly made up some GB plates and let me keep the green tabs, which was appreciated. As a side note, they are now printed on metal, which was a surprise to me, but made that's how its done now ?!

The issue with the faulty side repeater camera seems to have been resolved with the latest batch, as none of the 3's that I spoke to were defective. Hopefully, this is the same for everyone or we just got lucky.

After giving my car and a few of the others (for comparison) a thorough inspection, the build quality seems vastly improved from the stories I've heard, with one exception, the boot alignment.

Out of the 8 or 9 cars I saw, paint and panel gaps looked consistent throughout, in regards to doors/windows/roof, but all seemed to be suffering with poor boot alignment, so be vigilant.

Mine was actually causing damage to paint, on both boot and bumper. It was noted by the chap conducting the handover (again was very apologetic) and a service appointment straight away. Be sure to take pictures and video of everything when collecting, as a safety net as they will be geo tagged and time stamped should you need evidence .

To everyone still waiting to collect, I feel you're pain, but the wait is definitely worth the reward !!

Happy to now be part of this great community.

How do you check the cameras? It's all new to me and I'm not sure how/what I should be looking for when I pick mine up.
Paint, bodywork, panel alignment I can see but it's all the other features that's unknown territory.
On the car's computer, underneath the graphic of the car there's a black circle. This activates the rear camera.

At the bottom of the rear camera view, there's a small chevron, swipe up or click this to see (hopefully) both of the side cameras underneath the rear camera view.

• Helpful
Reactions: john19951
Status
Not open for further replies.