Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you tell which ship your car is on? Do you have to wait till you get your VIN? Ive got the RN number only

Basically, it's all in the timing of when they leave and when you get various emails/texts from Tesla. FYI, I ordered on 27th Oct and collecting 15th Dec. Mr Miserable posts some nice tracking info!

EDIT - I got my VIN/VRN yesterday as my ship docked at Zeebrugge.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kenners
@Mr Miserable,

I am fascinated by your depth of knowledge on the movements of these vessels.

I have ordered a M3 LR on 01/12/20 and have a VIN 842xxx,Reg number and everything and a collection date of 21/12/20. From Birmingham (UK)

I know it’s on a boat apparently but is there anyway if telling which one as I would like to keep an eye on it.

Sounds like RCC AMSTERDAM maybe? Reason being, I got VIN/VRN when CRYSTAL docked, and AMSTERDAM just has too. Failing that, must be LYDDEN

So I got a text yesterday saying my car is getting delivered today and I will get a text containing a link to track the transporter. It's now 1pm and still no text!

Should I contact Tesla or Arnold Clark to chase this up? A rough estimate would be nice so I don't have to sit in the house all day

I had a text yesterday and was waiting for my text. First indication was when the Tesla turned up on my drive having been delivered by trailer. I did have a text about 30 mins. after the car had been handed over.
I am really please with the car as it was really clean inside and out, all cameras are working and bodywork panel fit and paint look good.

Attachments

• New Tesla.pdf
    1,016.3 KB · Views: 44
Sounds like RCC AMSTERDAM maybe? Reason being, I got VIN/VRN when CRYSTAL docked, and AMSTERDAM just has too. Failing that, must be LYDDEN

Both actually docked today, CRYSTAL at about 3am if I remember correctly from the shipping thread. VIN/VRN texts seem to come out about a week before delivery, so yesterday would be a week before yours and that's probably been the trigger.

I had wondered if they only came out after the vehicles were unloaded at Southampton as well as the timing, but your experience suggests it is just a timing thing.

Reactions: nrps1
I had a text yesterday and was waiting for my text. First indication was when the Tesla turned up on my drive having been delivered by trailer. I did have a text about 30 mins. after the car had been handed over.
I am really please with the car as it was really clean inside and out, all cameras are working and bodywork panel fit and paint look good.

Looks great!
Excuse my lack of knowledge on this but were the mud flaps put on prior to delivery by Tesla?

Reactions: Steely
Normally a VIN is linked to an order when the car is loaded. Had my VIN end of November based on RN lookup. Delivery is end of Dec... (847...). Probably on Glovis Sun or Lydden. We’ll just have to be patient a bit longer and follow other deliveries. Maybe the latest car will have even more new features ;-)

Normally a VIN is linked to an order when the car is loaded. Had my VIN end of November based on RN lookup. Delivery is end of Dec... (847...). Probably on Glovis Sun or Lydden. We’ll just have to be patient a bit longer and follow other deliveries. Maybe the latest car will have even more new features ;-)

How do you look up the RN number and what info does it give you

Status
Not open for further replies.