Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness if I had to wait I'd still have enjoyed the process. Most cars I've ordered in the past have taken 12 weeks from Germany to the UK and that's a lot closer...

Fully get it though, waiting for a new car is quite annoying:mad:

Actually it's not the waiting but the total lack of any real info that gets to people. If you phone up you'll get a different answer every time. Some people get told which ship theirs is on, others are told "we don't have that". Some are told a rough date others are just told "by the end of the quarter". Then you seee people who've ordered way after you get allocated and a date (nothing personal at all) whilst you're still waiting and you think what the heck is going on

I've also had cars from Germany and had to wait 12 weeks, BUT I've know from early on what that date would be.
I sold my previous car on the "promise" that it would be 4-6 weeks but 12 weeks late I'm still walking everywhere!

Now only a couple of days to go so we can both enjoy our cars :)

Reactions: OttoR and RedUn
It has work out OK for me... I have no trade-in (selling old car privately), and using tesla finance PCP.
I ordered (white M3LR) 24/10/2020 got confirmation of order that day.
10/11 sms: car now allocated to you.
20/11 email to say choose your pickup date time online (I chose 16/12). Appointment was then confirmed on email. please send downpayment, which I did. 3/4 days later payment acknowledge on the Tesla web login account (green tick)
9/12 sms with reg & vin for insurance purposes.
14/12 Tesla phoned me, are you all good for 16/12 pickup, please bring drivers license, 'Yes I'll see you then' I said.

That is it, I never phoned them myself. I just sat tight and waited. All done.

Actually it's not the waiting but the total lack of any real info that gets to people. If you phone up you'll get a different answer every time. Some people get told which ship theirs is on, others are told "we don't have that". Some are told a rough date others are just told "by the end of the quarter". Then you seee people who've ordered way after you get allocated and a date (nothing personal at all) whilst you're still waiting and you think what the heck is going on

I've also had cars from Germany and had to wait 12 weeks, BUT I've know from early on what that date would be.
I sold my previous car on the "promise" that it would be 4-6 weeks but 12 weeks late I'm still walking everywhere!

Now only a couple of days to go so we can both enjoy our cars :)

I am in exact same situation, ordered 21 Sept was told delivery in Mid-Nov the latest. Sold my car in Oct based on that. Still walking around till today Dec 14. I'm so pissed words can't describe it. I must say the love for the car is slowly washing away. Imagine picking the car up on the 17th and its full of panel gaps and paint defects - I will literally ask for my money back and find the nearest Polestar.

Reactions: Tall_Ross
I am in exact same situation, ordered 21 Sept was told delivery in Mid-Nov the latest. Sold my car in Oct based on that. Still walking around till today Dec 14. I'm so pissed words can't describe it. I must say the love for the car is slowly washing away. Imagine picking the car up on the 17th and its full of panel gaps and paint defects - I will literally ask for my money back and find the nearest Polestar.

It's not very good especially when you are used to how BMW work, you track the build and are given a date months before. I ordere oon September 23rd and am due to have my delivery on the 21st December after being told mid November originally. My car also has a pretty early chassis number 827*** so where has it been all this time to end up on the last ship! I also have a feeling it will have paint defects , panel gaps etc

Very similar to me, ordered end of September and still haven’t collected! Very frustrating experience. I have gone from excitement to being pissed off to now just nervous the car is going to be a poor build!

Reactions: OttoR
Do you think there's a guy in Freemont who's one job on the production line is to fit the boot correctly on model 3's...

Found him..

young-funny-man-picture-id483803272

• Funny
Reactions: Zakalwe
Very similar to me, ordered end of September and still haven’t collected! Very frustrating experience. I have gone from excitement to being pissed off to now just nervous the car is going to be a poor build!

Hang on in there.......mine arrived Saturday in mint condition and it's worth the wait. I ordered at the end of September and heard nothing for ages (I tracked two ships across before I realised mine was on the 3rd one). You forget once you get the key cards, kids going wild with excitement and even the wife was smiling at me. Until she witnessed Sport mode......

Status
Not open for further replies.