Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone collecting from Chertsey? The address I got is
EU-UK-Chertsey-Staines Rd
Staines Rd, Chertsey, England KT16

but on google maps I am not able to find any "Tesla" location at the address above. Is collection from the Thorpe Park car park?
(I have tried to give them a ring this morning but I got a message that the office is now close)

I got a text message with the location, it is Thorpe Park Car Park

Attachments

• 5B5E6D88-44AB-44AC-B129-EA0BF32A3234.png
    5B5E6D88-44AB-44AC-B129-EA0BF32A3234.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 91

but on google maps I am not able to find any "Tesla" location at the address above. Is collection from the Thorpe Park car park?
(I have tried to give them a ring this morning but I got a message that the office is now close)
It’s Thorpe Park Car Park. I had the same trouble. Actually on my way there right now in an Uber to collect my Model 3.

Very similar to me, ordered end of September and still haven’t collected! Very frustrating experience. I have gone from excitement to being pissed off to now just nervous the car is going to be a poor build!

Try ordering a Mercedes. 6 month waiting list. Zero updates on progress at any point. I requested that they improved the delivery date and they refused. After a lot of badgering they said that they would deliver at best one week earlier.
I don't know which is better...getting zero information means that you really only have one choice- accept it. With Tesla you get dribs and drabs of information. Add that to the Shipping Information thread and you have a virtual soap opera of sorts. I can see the adverts from here...."Tesla Ordering process. You'll laugh, you'll cry. It's a rollercoaster of emotions!"

Has anyone "overpaid" and received money back from Tesla?
And if so how quickly do you get it back?

To explain, my trade in has an unsecured personal loan to finance so I am clearing this myself.

I am taking advantage of the EST 0% loan in Scotland to then finance my M3, but the EST need to see a bank statement showing me receiving their loan payment then me transferring the money to Tesla.

As a result when you take into account my trade in plus the money transfer I will have "overpaid".

I have been assured that the money will be "refunded" but was wondering if anyone has had experience of this situation.

It's only 3 more sleeps until I collect so starting to get really excited!!

I'm in a similar situation - trade in is more than the deposit, so owed some back. Was going to redo the finance but never got the time.
Spoke to CS last week and they confirmed that the difference owed will be reimbursed to me about 2 weeks after delivery, as it's handled in the Netherlands. Given Xmas, etc I'm guessing 3 weeks but I have heard others having to chase for it.

They couldn't confirm whether it would go to the credit card I paid the deposit on, or my bank account which is set up for the finance, so perhaps others may be able to answer that one!

Yes it's the main Thorpe Park car park :-D Most fun I have ever had there!

I am scheduled to pick up a M3 LR from Edinburgh on Wednesday. Had a very pleasant phone call asking if it was possible to do it today instead, as they have a lot scheduled for tomorrow.

Unfortunately could not - time off from work booked for tomorrow; insurance arranged to start then; and the car we are trading in is in use today.

Shame - would have been like Christmas Day arriving on the 24th... :)

Has anyone "overpaid" and received money back from Tesla?
And if so how quickly do you get it back?

To explain, my trade in has an unsecured personal loan to finance so I am clearing this myself.

I am taking advantage of the EST 0% loan in Scotland to then finance my M3, but the EST need to see a bank statement showing me receiving their loan payment then me transferring the money to Tesla.

As a result when you take into account my trade in plus the money transfer I will have "overpaid".

I have been assured that the money will be "refunded" but was wondering if anyone has had experience of this situation.

It's only 3 more sleeps until I collect so starting to get really excited!!

I'm only using part of the value of my trade-in for my deposit, picking up on 17th and had a phone call on the 14th to confirm how much they they will be repaying as well as bank account details.

The lady I spoke to suggested they would arrange repayment as soon as they have my old car, but I guess that could be a few days.

Reactions: AlanWad
I'm only using part of the value of my trade-in for my deposit, picking up on 17th and had a phone call on the 14th to confirm how much they they will be repaying as well as bank account details.

The lady I spoke to suggested they would arrange repayment as soon as they have my old car, but I guess that could be a few days.

Thanks for that info.
I’m collecting on 18th so hopefully I’ll get a call tomorrow.

I'm collecting tomorrow and in the last few days I've been inundated with texts and e-mails. Today I've had 2 e-mails and 2 texts.
Digitally signed the finance and immediately got an e-mail saying the terms had changed! Can't see any difference.
Tried the text link to view the features of the Model 3 and it says 9 videos - well there's only No. 1 and 9. Guess I'm going to have to hope those 2 pedals are go and stop and the wheel thingy turns the car. The rest I'll read about or Youtube over Xmas.

So - people who have already collected their car - how far in advance did you get your final invoice?

I’m also collecting Thursday and didn’t get the invoice without chasing them for it. I was told on the phone that as long as you had the evidence it’s been paid that it would be ok. I’ve now had and paid the invoice and emailed the evidence to the email supplied but I’d chase for the invoice if you didn’t receive it.

Collecting on Friday, and I'm assuming if my account has a Green Tick and says "Your final payment was received" I'm all good to go? It does say bring "Proof of wire transfer for your final payment" however I had no final payment to make due to a trade in.

Suppose I should give them a ring tomorrow just to be safe as I don't wanna turn up Friday and have issues :D

Collected my M3 LR today from Southampton. The guys down there were brilliant.
I had some issues with panels not being aligned, the salesman told me to arrange the mobile service via the Tesla app. I’m sitting here trying to do that but it’s not that simple. Also my control screen is very temperamental, I have to press the bottoms a few times before they do anything. Even adding force into my press helps. Surely this isn’t normal. Trying to get the window wipers to work was a nightmare!
I love this car, it’s unlike any car I’ve ever owned (in a good way)
I’d like to get these things sorted ASAP so I can really begin to enjoy it.

Attachments

• 23DE9DC0-2361-4C74-BB5E-D9B95FDA9443.jpeg
    23DE9DC0-2361-4C74-BB5E-D9B95FDA9443.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 54
  • E2C24163-9621-459A-866E-3C5E5ED62F0B.jpeg
    E2C24163-9621-459A-866E-3C5E5ED62F0B.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 57
Collecting on Friday, and I'm assuming if my account has a Green Tick and says "Your final payment was received" I'm all good to go?

They’ll probably phone you tomorrow anyway. I was called today to ensure I was all good to collect Thursday and told that they could see I was all paid and ready to go so just bring my license.

Now I just have to work out how to get through the wait. 2 more sleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.