Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it arrived and here's my first thoughts after inspecting it in the rain and doing about 35 miles of driving around so may find more tomorrow.
Waste line trim under window on rear passenger door is not sitting flush and sticks up in the middle.
Front doors are set in from wings slightly just under the mirrors (drivers side slightly worse, but ill leave both sides as they are)
Passenger side B pillar camera does not work.

Paint finish looks to be pretty good and panel fitment looks pretty good as well.
Interior looks to be ok, steering wheel is also in line.
The only other slight concern is a very slight high frequency feeling in the steering wheel that becomes noticeable at motorway speeds and is surface dependant. The roads near me are pretty bad (Concrete A50 near Uttoxeter) and on the asphalt sections it all but goes. I'll keep an eye on it but suspect its the Pirelil tyres as I have had the same sensation with P Zeros in the past.
Overall really pleased with it and better than I was expecting

Ive just had my 3rd text confirming delivery to my house on 31st.
Not sure about anything else in its journey. Is it worth ringing Tesla again (9 days to go ??)
Thinking of insurance and that around 31st / 1st it’ll be impossible to sort, When should I get the vin / reg ?

Ive just had my 3rd text confirming delivery to my house on 31st.
Not sure about anything else in its journey. Is it worth ringing Tesla again (9 days to go ??)
Thinking of insurance and that around 31st / 1st it’ll be impossible to sort, When should I get the vin / reg ?

Reg usually comes through 6-7 days before collection, so I would expect yours to come through tomorrow.

I'm with Admiral, I did an online change to mine as soon as I had it and the issued a cover note overnight.

The car isn't registered with the DVLA until you collect so you have to fill out all of the details anyway, most people do an online quote for a new unregistered car, then call up their insurance when they have the reg number and get the quote pulled through using the reference then get the reg attached.

Last edited:
My insurance is through a broker which is handles all of my businesses insurance. So online isn’t possible. I guess a call to Tesla tomorrow is in order.

Just for reference, my Reg was texted to me seven days and one hour before my scheduled collection time, but I guess they should have it first thing tomorrow. I know some people had messages late into the evening and overnight.

I would contact your broker as some insurance companies will quote for a new vehicle based on the VIN and get the cover all lined up, you just have to let them know the Reg as soon as you can.

Reactions: Steely
I've picked up my M3SR+ MS today from Thorpe Park. It only had 12% charge on it! My first trip was to the Heathrow Supercharger.

My boot and front need re-alignment but apart from that everything looks good. There were a few things where some tape etc was left on but they've cleaned it up there and then.

But my app still hasn't gone live yet. Picked up 2 hours ago. How long did it take for you to go live? We are leasing so the account hasn't got anything linked to it. Although I was able to charge at the super charger.

I've picked up my M3SR+ MS today from Thorpe Park. It only had 12% charge on it! My first trip was to the Heathrow Supercharger.

My boot and front need re-alignment but apart from that everything looks good. There were a few things where some tape etc was left on but they've cleaned it up there and then.

But my app still hasn't gone live yet. Picked up 2 hours ago. How long did it take for you to go live? We are leasing so the account hasn't got anything linked to it. Although I was able to charge at the super charger.
I'm also leasing - took about 12-15 hours for my App to go live but didn't get the email telling me it was available until 48 hours later.

Just keep checking and eventually it should spring into life. Until them, just use the key card and enjoy!

I was due to collect my M3 LR on 15 December, which was delayed until today due to a Vessel delay. Got a text and a call whilst driving to Leeds to inform me the collection had to de delayed due to the service centre being closed as they had just had a positive Covid test. A bit annoyed at the very short notice, but hopefully will collect tomorrow.
Doesn't seem like they have made the service centre a Covid secure work place if the have to shut the whole place with a positive covid test.

The wife is now wishing she spend a bit more time checking out the different colours and wheel options ;-) when you are on that car park with all the different Teslas you can see what goes well together. She doesn’t like the aero wheels with the midnight silver. I know you can take off the caps but the wheels are still quite dark isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.