TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.27.103 - Software?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by FitYNABer, Sep 21, 2019.

1. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

Anybody know why my TM3—(Stealth) came with 2019.27.103. I have not been able to find anything on this software and I picked her up on 09/18. I have not received any software updates yet and I'm curious why not. My build date is 09/19—(door seal sticker) I have the below questions:

1. Is 2019.27.103 a really old software and should I be alarmed it came with it?
    2. How do I get an update pushed sooner?
    3. Does having 2 bars of wifi at 20 down hurt anything?

2. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

1. 2019 (year) 27 (week) xxx (version that week) and NO
    2. Relax, new cars always take a little time (mine was about 5 weeks) to start getting updates
    3. Likely just slower speeds and WiFi has NO effect on receiving that an update is available

• Like x 1
  3. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

Is it because you have HW 3 computer?

4. Tholland

Tholland Member

That’s why, all the HW3 cars, FOR THE MOST part have come with a different software. Then they come with inline with everyone else with a software update. Like my HW3 came with 12.1.2 but didn’t have all of the autopilot stuff until I updated to 16.3.2 relax it will come soon enough.

5. soulreaver99

soulreaver99 Member

I just picked mine up yesterday and it's on 2019.27.102

I think it's better we wait for the newer firmware to be improved because the current 2019.32.xxx is buggy as sh!t

6. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

....and 27.102 is HW3 specific (probably like practice code). Once you get an update it will be HW2.5 code and the HW3 will likely start running in an emulation mode (so inferior). We are probably still 6 months away before we get HW3 specific code released.

• Informative x 2
  7. d21mike

d21mike Active Member

Keep on WiFi when in use. I expect you will get a new version soon. But I would not worry about it. Soon v10 will roll out to everyone.

8. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

Thank you all!

9. ShaolinEV

ShaolinEV Member

Picked up my Stealth last Friday and it has 2019.27.103 and no update since.

Did you get the new update software?

10. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

Negative, still on the same 2019.27.103. I installed eero WiFi in my garage so I know she is getting 3-4 bars solid WiFi. I’m just waiting on the update to push!

11. HELI0S

HELI0S Member

Picked my m3lr on the 24th and am on 2019.27.103 as well. Homelink doesn't work. They installed it on the 30th and haven't been able to get it to work after reinstalling the software twice.

12. dei7303

dei7303 Sunset_Tesla

Thank You! My Model 3 SR+ is getting updates. New Stealth Performance still on 2019.27.103 I will wait.

13. bdub85

bdub85 Member

My Model 3 Performance came with 2019.27.103. I put in a service request for a software update, and I got the alert to update by the next day.

• Like x 1
  14. dei7303

dei7303 Sunset_Tesla

I have a scheduled appointment for other issue on October 10th. I will see if they push update.

15. exBMWfanboy

exBMWfanboy New Member

I picked up my M3P last Friday Oct 10th. Car came with 2019.27.103, still waiting for an update. Any updates from OP on how long it took? I'm in contact with tesla service, they say they are investigating.

16. Tholland

Tholland Member

You can do a service request thru the app and they will push it normally within 24-48 hours but you need WiFi to download it but LTE connection will alert you that it’s ready for download. Please only do this when it’s been extremely long waits. Sometimes when you take a delivery it is a few weeks before the updates appears. It will come. I say if it doesn’t come by mid next week then request it. But one week is that bad. However i understand wanting it badly. Specially V10. If you didn’t get FSD you’re not missing to much but still worth having. Hope you enjoy your car

17. FielderJones

FielderJones Member

Just for fun, on the touchscreen hit Controls, Software and see if it checks for updates automatically. Assuming you have good Wi-Fi.