Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Linking a key to a driver profile is something people have been looking for for a while. Now we just need to have a separate memory for the passenger seat as well...

Looks like it's just key-card profile, and not phone. I'm pretty sure people are more interested in the latter, so hopefully that comes soon, too.

Passenger seat memory profile would also be awesome - and given the car knows which side of it the phones are, it likely is capable of actually doing it.

Stop waiting, it's so delayed it must be full of bugs and they're probably waiting for next year and the eventual retrofit roll-out of hw3.
It is due out late August with v10. But even if it's later than that, it's fine with me. I'd rather it be right than rushed. Not like anyone else has even come remotely close to doing what Advanced Summon can do now prior to public release.

Looks like it's just key-card profile, and not phone. I'm pretty sure people are more interested in the latter, so hopefully that comes soon, too.

Passenger seat memory profile would also be awesome - and given the car knows which side of it the phones are, it likely is capable of actually doing it.

I guess we’ll see, but it is not clear that it is limited to key cards, the way I read it and see it in the image. Key cards only would be kind of silly - no one uses them!

Looks like there's a profile attached to the phone key in the display.

Yeah that is what I noticed.

Anyway, it is promising, as far as the prospect of doing a similar thing for the passenger who has a phone key. They can have a separate defined passenger profile linked to the key for optimal passenger/driver switchoffs on long road trips! Hopefully there is a link from the MCU to the passenger seat position, rather than it being completely unlinked. No guarantees I guess. Certainly the sensing of who is going to sit in the seat is possible. There would be the issue of WHEN to adjust the position - when the passenger sits? Manually prompt on screen in upper right corner? Who knows...a little trickier than the driver seat.

Passenger seat memory profile would also be awesome

Anyway, it is promising, as far as the prospect of doing a similar thing for the passenger who has a phone key. They can have a separate defined passenger profile linked to the key for optimal passenger/driver switchoffs on long road trips! Hopefully there is a link from the MCU to the passenger seat position, rather than it being completely unlinked.

On the S&X I seem to recall that the passenger seat doesn't have the hardware/memory position module to support saving profiles, so somehow I doubt the Model 3 has the hardware to support it either. Maybe sometime in the future in one of the slipstream hardware updates...

On the S&X I seem to recall that the passenger seat doesn't have the hardware/memory position module to support saving profiles, so somehow I doubt the Model 3 has the hardware to support it either. Maybe sometime in the future in one of the slipstream hardware updates...

Makes me a little sad, if true.:( Guess I have to buy a Mercedes GLS or whatever with two-position passenger seat memory. :p

But the driver thing is exciting in any case. Yay! :)

• Funny
Reactions: r1200gs4ok
The weights updating is what is meant by ‘updating the neural network’. Its not like every few months they’re restructuring the core models that have been driving this thing (and learning) for a long time.

A neural network model is basically comprised of two things: a directed graph representation of operations (that describe the model’s structure) and a bunch of weights and biases (the parameters that you actually train). Training the weights ‘updates the model’.. changing the graph means you have a new model to train.

Reactions: Zoomit
Maybe I need to clarify things here. I am talking about the addition of training data. This happens week over week and was discuses during the autonomy day event. For those not privy, every time you intervene while in autopilot data is sent to Tesla to improve AP. Also Tesla runs features in shadow mode to gather data on, for instance, different scenarios that involve bicycles and all of this data gets validated by Tesla and then added to the next weeks build. I'm not talking about new features or anything, I'm talking about better turning, smoother acceleration, handling merges better (which was added 2 updates ago and NOT put in the change log by the way).

I'm not going to just make stuff up and post it!

Reactions: willow_hiller