Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.3.1 breaks Christmas Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During one of these updates, the holiday show started crashing. Usually stopped when the doors started opening. What I did was before any performances, I would do a double scrollwheel reset, and then shut the car down completely (turn off car) and then reboot it, and then it USUALLY runs

I agree with BigMskiman. Probably not the software version. Try doing s complete car reset as I suggested above and let us know what happened. We want you to be successful.

Another suggestion (that I did once) is take the car yo the service center and talk to them. If it is a software issue, they can push a software fix to you immediately!

Full power cycle on vehicle, two-scroll-wheel & brake-pedal reboot on MCU, Christmas show still fails at FWD door opening. Done on nearly-perfectly level ground, no obstructions anywhere near vehicle.

Full power cycle on vehicle, two-scroll-wheel & brake-pedal reboot on MCU, Christmas show still fails at FWD door opening. Done on nearly-perfectly level ground, no obstructions anywhere near vehicle.
Did it ever fully dance on your car? If so, maybe an actuator/motor is defective just during dance type stresses.

BTW: I recommend to new buyers to do the dance at delivery because it opens the FWD way farther than normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
Got 2019.32 today, rebooted the MCU, then tried the Christmas show. Still stalls at the FWD opening, but now the show won’t run again at all except for rolling down the windows.

The show ran under 2019.28, failed under 28.3. The FWD work fine otherwise.

Padelford, I would drive over today to help you out, but I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been scouring other tesla sites for suggestions and found this one:
>>>>>
The combination of 2 issues seems like the MCU is overloaded with logs, try doing factory reset, car will run much smoother and non of the issues above will be present (though will take 2-5 minutes to set up wifi and home link again but worth it)
>>>>>

I have not needed to do this, but this is something to think about. Did you hear from your service center about an appointment?

Mike P

Padelford, I would drive over today to help you out, but I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been scouring other tesla sites for suggestions and found this one:
>>>>>
The combination of 2 issues seems like the MCU is overloaded with logs, try doing factory reset, car will run much smoother and non of the issues above will be present (though will take 2-5 minutes to set up wifi and home link again but worth it)
>>>>>

I have not needed to do this, but this is something to think about. Did you hear from your service center about an appointment?

Mike P

Thanks for the offer. No word yet from service.

Got 2019.32 today, rebooted the MCU, then tried the Christmas show. Still stalls at the FWD opening, but now the show won’t run again at all except for rolling down the windows.

The show ran under 2019.28, failed under 28.3. The FWD work fine otherwise.
Wild idea, but try opening both FWD's together thru MCU screen. I wonder if a circuit overload happens only during dance when they always go together......

Today, the mobile service guy showed up and the show failed just like before, but I'm now on 2019.32.1. I moved the vehicle to another location with nothing around and very level (the initial position was with the front of the vehicle pointing into the carport). In the new location, the Christmas show ran perfectly, and after I returned the vehicle to the first location but pointing away from the carport, the show ran fine on a slight slope but nothing else around. The mobile tech said someone @ Tesla pushed 2019.32.1 specifically to help resolve the show problem, and it appears to have worked.

I found on mine the Christmas show wouldn't work until I set the FWD to "always open fully at this location". At some point i must have stopped the doors opening fully at home and until i changed it to open fully all it would do was open the windows, not even start the music.