TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.28.3 fd63a5e

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ahkahn, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Looks like this was just released. My car is downloading something... not sure if it's 28.2 or 28.3, but will follow up on that.

2. outdoors

outdoors Not so well known

Nothing new here for me. Updated to
    2019.28.3 fd63a5e
    20190812_154650.jpg

3. drklain

drklain Member

Same. I suspect this was an urgent release to fix a bug in 28.2 (which I got less than a week ago).

4. disapr

disapr Member

Summon isn't working incredibly well in 28.2 and it was nearly perfect in 24.4. I've had 28.2 since 8/2/19.

Possibly this revision merges some of the previously solved branches.

5. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

After nearly eight hours, 28.3 updates total 70 on Teslafi. Not a big rollout...

6. M423

M423 Member

Just got and updated to 28.3

7. Bill_75D

Bill_75D Member

I got 28.3 this morning after having 28.2 for a short time.

• Like x 1
  8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Wouldn’t surprise me, EAP on 28.2 was significantly less good for me than 24.4 was.
    It definitely took a step back with 28.2.

9. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

That’s so sad. Still on 24.4, thankfully. What’s going on at Tesla, seems like we continue to go backwards on FSD - with talk of raising FSD pricing on August 16th? What a CF.

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 1
  10. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

What's sad? 24.4 was a huge improvement in merging. 28.x has had a few revisions but that's how software is. This whole "we continue to go backwards" crap needs to stop as it is simply not true. I'm very sorry that things are not progressing fast enough for you. But if you knew anything about software development you'd know that bugs and delays happen. Be glad as I am, that I'm not having to step through all of the revisions, but rather I'll jump straight to the one that works best.

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 1
  11. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

Several regressions over time, and breaking a lot of stuff all the time is not normal, especially for mission critical safety systems deployed to a huge fleet.

That aside, I am still grateful for software updates.

• Disagree x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

If you are seeing regressions, then you may want to have your car looked at as I have seen no such thing and I am also 24.4

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

I had my car looked at yesterday. They found nothing wrong

14. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

I just noticed you are in Norway, visited Oslo a few years back and loved it. It's possible that the issues you are experiencing are related to your location. I do hope that you find things improved soon.

15. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

Well there's a lot of tunnels, tight roads, high sun with shadows and highlights etc so I guess it reacts to that :)

16. Dknight8

Dknight8 Member

I didn't take a screen shot, but I think my update text said that two player Dune Buggy playing is now available via USB player devices. They plug into the two front USB ports.

17. ibGeek

ibGeek Member

I will say that if I do have an issue with AP, it's always right around noon, so when the sun is at it's highest point.

18. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

You’re right, 24.4 was brilliant. I did a 1600 mile road trip with that version and it worked wonderfully. As was mentioned, merging was significantly better as was predictive braking.
    However, with 28.2 it’s noticeably worse at lane keeping. It drifts around in the lane, hugs the left lane line at other times, especially when passing other vehicles.
    Thankfully it kept the good merging etc, but feels like a learner driver in the lane.
    As with all versions this will be transitory and will continue to improve.

• Like x 1
  19. Betesami

Betesami New Member

I’m reading t and it seems like you all keep getting new updates and I’m still on 2019.20 which at this point seems old to me.
    I know that they release them in batches, but I’m wondering if there are a lot of other on the same revision as me here or it’s just me.

20. Siggy101

Siggy101 Member

Do you have your software update preference set to standard or advanced?