Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post!

Any impressions on Autopilot improvements from this release? Any improvements on phantom braking on cut in detection?

My version currently 2019.28.2 320fba0
The autopilot is rougher, it is “choppy” now as my wife puts it with much more coarse speed adjustments to maintain the 7 car length interval to the next car. I used my turn signal to change lanes crossing a dashed line on the interstate, but there was a line of black
tar next to the dashed line. The car seemed to get confused, and started braking relatively hard. I accelerated and took back the steering so all was well but it was an uncomfortable event. This is a change from the previous version, so I hope they get it corrected in the next update. I did not try the navigate on autopilot (NOA) after that episode so can’t say whether that has changed.

Previous versions over the past year or so have been much smoother so this is a change. The NOA worked pretty well before but it wants to change lanes much more often than I normally do so I tend not to use it much. I have not enabled the auto lane change without confirmation, I don’t quite trust it enough.

Hope this helps.

My version currently 2019.28.2 320fba0
The autopilot is rougher, it is “choppy” now as my wife puts it with much more coarse speed adjustments to maintain the 7 car length interval to the next car. I used my turn signal to change lanes crossing a dashed line on the interstate, but there was a line of black
tar next to the dashed line. The car seemed to get confused, and started braking relatively hard. I accelerated and took back the steering so all was well but it was an uncomfortable event. This is a change from the previous version, so I hope they get it corrected in the next update. I did not try the navigate on autopilot (NOA) after that episode so can’t say whether that has changed.

Previous versions over the past year or so have been much smoother so this is a change. The NOA worked pretty well before but it wants to change lanes much more often than I normally do so I tend not to use it much. I have not enabled the auto lane change without confirmation, I don’t quite trust it enough.

Hope this helps.
I've heard of these issues with 28.2. I'm happy to stay on 24.4 until they sort out new AP bugs.

Reactions: jebinc
Model 3 here.. I got this update and the one improvement is with the media volume controls.

I have a Note 9 and now, the volume control on the steering wheel controls the volume on the phone's bluetooth. And whereas in the past I would always max my bluetooth volume on my phone, then set the volume on the Tesla (so 100% on phone, and like 40-60% on the Tesla); now I can set the volume in the 40-60% range and everything sounds great. I LOVE this update!!

Reactions: Wyman
I got 2019.28.3.1 yesterday and it seems to have improved AP. TACC is smooth again. The choppiness is gone. Lane Keeping is slightly better, almost no wobble at all now through intersections.

How about putting all this effort on a silly game into the audio system, like show all album art and maintain the current music being played so when you get back in the car it does not start the album from the beginning.
I agree. All I've seen in updates are on games. Elon, pls ask the engineers to work on going from level 3 to level 4 soon. So far I have spent an additional $5K a few months ago and have yet to see any return on my investment.

I agree. All I've seen in updates are on games. Elon, pls ask the engineers to work on going from level 3 to level 4 soon. So far I have spent an additional $5K a few months ago and have yet to see any return on my investment.

Just to clarify, Tesla has no level 3 systems; all currently released features are L2 ADAS systems. The discontinued EAP option package is L2 (requires driver attention always) except maybe in parking lots/driveways for Enhanced Summon. The current FSD package description is even L2 because it never suggests you're allowed to quit paying attention. Musk has talked about L5 autonomy but the official FSD package description does not promise it, and they've never really talked about L4 specifically at all as far as I'm aware. If you believe what Musk says (and there is absolutely no reason you should), they are jumping straight from L2 to L5.

• Informative
Reactions: diplomat33