Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.1 Update: (slightly) Increased Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed any difference in range after updating to 2019.32.1? I was on 2019.32 before starting the update to 2019.32.1. Before I started, I had 184 miles of indicated range. After the update, it said I had 186 miles of range. I know it is not much of a difference, but it has never happened before. If anything, the range may go down. (On a side note, it went down to 185 miles a few hours later, but still more than when I started the update - possibly due to vampire drain). [2015 S 85D]

Weird... do you think it could be just like a normal charge night where it’s not always the exact same? My car goes up/down ~ 3-4 miles nightly.

I know what you mean. I had just charged it the previous day, and had not driven it up until the update. At my usual 70% charge limit, I usually get 184 or 185 miles. This time I got 184, and that's what I started with before the update. If there is any change, it has always been down, not up (at least when it is just sitting in the garage). I have seen variation when I am driving around, and I just turned off the A/C. Then I have seen the estimated range jump up somewhat.

There's vampire drain but there are also outside temperature fluxuations. I have seen my car loose a few % overnight when it charged at midnight to 90% and then as the air cooled overnight it ended up displaying 88% or 89% the next AM. Opposite effect if temp is cooler and then warmer.

Did the ambient air temp change a lot during the update process?

There's vampire drain but there are also outside temperature fluxuations. I have seen my car loose a few % overnight when it charged at midnight to 90% and then as the air cooled overnight it ended up displaying 88% or 89% the next AM. Opposite effect if temp is cooler and then warmer.

Did the ambient air temp change a lot during the update process?

It was hot (mid 90's during the day. The update was during the evening, around 8:00 or 9:00 PM, when the temp was still in the mid to high 80's, and did not change much during the 20 minutes it took for the update.

I suppose the amount of range I gained is so slight that it could be just chalked up to sample noise, it's just that I had not experienced a range increase while the car is just sitting in the garage before.