Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.11 Stuck in software updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I updated to 2019.32.10.1 on Friday I had noticed that sentry was not turning off at home but did not think much of it. Then received notification of 2019.32.11 Saturday. Started update around 10pm last night. Got up this morning and the screen says software update in progress. Contacted Tesla and they asked I monitor for awhile longer as there isn't anything they can do except tow it in. So I will monitor and contact them this afternoon if it does not complete for a tow. A real bummer.

Mine did the same thing and failed. I then removed all USB devices and the charging cable and tried again. Worked the second time just fine.

Edit: mine actually failed to install and let me try again. It sounds like yours is stuck installing and won’t fail.

When I updated to 2019.32.10.1 on Friday I had noticed that sentry was not turning off at home but did not think much of it. Then received notification of 2019.32.11 Saturday. Started update around 10pm last night. Got up this morning and the screen says software update in progress. Contacted Tesla and they asked I monitor for awhile longer as there isn't anything they can do except tow it in. So I will monitor and contact them this afternoon if it does not complete for a tow. A real bummer.
Well not at home at the moment but my 3MR is responding again and is back on 2019.32.10.1. Will try the update again later. Not sure if the car handled the failed update itself or if Tesla intervened.

Mine failed several times over 2 days. I am out of the country. I bumped up my charger a few miles and the update was then successful.