Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing it now. My best guess is just general bug fixes. I just got the car two weeks ago, however -- still discovering new things each day. So I'm not a good proxy for what's new in this release.

P.S. Dumb question. Is it possible to stream Netflix in my Raven S? I thought that was a feature in V10, but if it is I haven't found where it's hiding. (I haven't looked hard either, due to work ... so it may be super obvious.)

Last edited:
Installing it now. My best guess is just general bug releases. I just got the car two weeks ago, however -- still discovering new things each day. So I'm not a good proxy for what's new in this release.

P.S. Dumb question. Is it possible to stream Netflix in my S? I thought that was a feature in V10, but if it is I haven't found where it's hiding. (I haven't looked hard either, due to work ... so it may be super obvious.)

When was your S built?

MCU1 cars (built before March 2018 with NVidia Tegra CPU) don't currently have that capability.

Cars built after that with MCU2 (intel based, basically the same as the Model 3 MCU) can, and it's part of Tesla Theater, which should be an option from the App launcher.

Reactions: Ohmie
I just installed 2019.32.12.1 and the only difference I noticed was in the release notes.

I own a December 2016 Model S with AP2/MCU1 and was on 2019.32.11.1. The 32.11.1 release notes did not say that I had Lane Departure Avoidance (LDA) and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance (ELDA) installed. I read in one of the threads that it was installed on AP2/MCU1 Model S cars and when I checked, I was able to configure it.

The 2019.32.12.1 release notes now says that LDA and ELDA is installed. That is the only difference that I noticed.

When was your S built?

MCU1 cars (built before March 2018 with NVidia Tegra CPU) don't currently have that capability.

Cars built after that with MCU2 (intel based, basically the same as the Model 3 MCU) can, and it's part of Tesla Theater, which should be an option from the App launcher.

Mine was built last month. So I assume it should have it but I can’t find Tesla Theater.

I wonder if they got rid of the car name bug. If your car name had a character with an accent, it would not load certain functions like Spotify.
That would be nice. Three of our cars had that issue and we had no idea why we were missing most of the v10 features. Once we started posting about it, we heard it's been an issue in other countries for a while.

Installed 12.1 last night in my 2017 model S. No changes detected. For the second time I experienced car alarm going off in the middle of the download. Happened with 11.1 installation as well. Talked with the Tesla rep. He said he got a few similar complaints as well. Probably a bug in the software. But really annoying when car started honking inside the closed garage with ear popping sound

Reactions: 2BEnhanced