Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.12.7???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2C2513D3-EBF0-4711-987D-C376EB25142A.jpeg
BE98C786-C838-4E04-BFB3-8654F79DD623.png
I think I received 2018.32.12.7 : Screen shows it updated to that, yet update started, and I phone says 1% installed? Haven’t seen anything like this before...At least I was able to drive to work.

Have you had the brakes Lubricated yet? This is a documented “problem” because regenerative braking causes brakes to sit unused and they begin to become noisy. Lubrication is a service offered by service center

Twice and before leaving [tesla] the parking lot they made noise.
they told me last time I should change the brakes and rotors but it isn’t covered under warranty

Also the windows squeak:)

Turned “off” the regen for a week didn’t help

why would I go pay hundreds to fix something?
Well, you said the brakes squeak and Tesla said not under warranty. The brakes on a Tesla are similar to every other car out there so it may be less expensive to have addressed elsewhere where the hourly cost isn't as high. I'm sure as time progresses more shops will be handle Tesla repairs - at least repairs not related to battery, drivetrain, or electronics. Those will take longer.

Just tossing out an option.

Is half screen mode on browser restored?
no. it's still all (well, ~80% screen) or nothing for the browser window. Also, yes TPMS reset button still AWOL

70D/MCU1/AP1, got 2019.32.12.7 last night. As per usual for some time, release notes initially blank and had to reboot to finally see them. Release notes themselves same as 2019.32.11.1, .12.2 and .12.3, so presumably just bug fixes again. Browser working for now but I think that's just coincidental with reboot, we'll see after a day or two - it usually just stops working eventually, since v9

Last edited:
no. it's still all (well, ~80% screen) or nothing for the browser window. Also, yes TPMS reset button still AWOL

70D/MCU1/AP1, got 2019.32.12.7 last night. As per usual for some time, release notes initially blank and had to reboot to finally see them. Release notes themselves same as 2019.32.11.1, .12.2 and .12.3, so presumably just bug fixes again. Browser working for now but I think that's just coincidental with reboot, we'll see after a day or two - it usually just stops working eventually, since v9
My car is much that same as yours :) The release notes presented themselves in full after the update this time, for once!

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. Right after installing 12.7 in my 2017 S, my car lost all its sound. There is no sound for radio, streaming, warning alerts, left/right indicators, navigation, nothing. Looks like someone has turned off all the speakers in the car. I checked audio settings. Found nothing. Set up a maintenance schedule for next week. Otherwise car runs just fine. But it's annoying to have dead silence inside the car.
Does anyone experience this problem regardless of software installation?

So mine was one of the first to install 2019.32.12.7, and since then the update software icon is on in my vehicle, and it says downloading 2019.32.12.7 showing 100%. The app shows software update (downloading 2019.32.12.7)... except as I said, it's already installed. I'm worried unless I do something I may never get another update since it's stuck thinking it's downloading a new one that is already installed. Perhaps I should contact service?

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. Right after installing 12.7 in my 2017 S, my car lost all its sound. There is no sound for radio, streaming, warning alerts, left/right indicators, navigation, nothing. Looks like someone has turned off all the speakers in the car. I checked audio settings. Found nothing. Set up a maintenance schedule for next week. Otherwise car runs just fine. But it's annoying to have dead silence inside the car.
Does anyone experience this problem regardless of software installation?
After performing 2 button resetting (suggested by tesla service), the sound came back...

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
So mine was one of the first to install 2019.32.12.7, and since then the update software icon is on in my vehicle, and it says downloading 2019.32.12.7 showing 100%. The app shows software update (downloading 2019.32.12.7)... except as I said, it's already installed. I'm worried unless I do something I may never get another update since it's stuck thinking it's downloading a new one that is already installed. Perhaps I should contact service?
Did you try restarting the app?

With the previous release, my app never indicated the update was available and it showed at 100% downloaded. I went out and found it was ready to install in the car. I restarted the app and it fixed the software status.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Did you try restarting the app?

With the previous release, my app never indicated the update was available and it showed at 100% downloaded. I went out and found it was ready to install in the car. I restarted the app and it fixed the software status.
It's already installed on the car, but the car itself is still showing update available.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
@conman did you perform a reset? press brake pedal, keep it pressed, and press the 2 scroll wheels. When the MCU turns-off, release the scroll wheels, but keep brake pedal depressed till when the Tesla logo comes up un the MCU.
BTW, if you have any USB connected, remove them before the reset, and re-plug them once the car is up and running.

@conman did you perform a reset? press brake pedal, keep it pressed, and press the 2 scroll wheels. When the MCU turns-off, release the scroll wheels, but keep brake pedal depressed till when the Tesla logo comes up un the MCU.
BTW, if you have any USB connected, remove them before the reset, and re-plug them once the car is up and running.
Multiple resets, thanks. No help alas.

o_O

did you see my post above? Sounds the same as your issue only mine says 1%. I rebooted and no change. I wasn’t sure I would even be able to drive, but that was fine. Is it going to stay like this until the next update?