Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.2.1 is now rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 32.2.1 and had the wipers running every 3-4 seconds with no rain on the (clean) windshield. I've never had that before. I rebooted, to no change and finally turned the wipers off. That's my winter mode... I just turn them on when needed by pressing the end of the left stalk. Since I'll be treating both of our windshields tomorrow, I suspect chatter may be a problem for awhile, so leaving them off will help my sanity.

So I'm at parked at the supercharger tonight and I'm sitting inside the car and the wipers are going crazy... There was only slight drizzle! I had to turn it off.

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk
I'm on 32.2.1 and had the wipers running every 3-4 seconds with no rain on the (clean) windshield. I've never had that before. I rebooted, to no change and finally turned the wipers off. That's my winter mode... I just turn them on when needed by pressing the end of the left stalk. Since I'll be treating both of our windshields tomorrow, I suspect chatter may be a problem for awhile, so leaving them off will help my sanity.
Last night the auto wipers were driving me mad. It was pouring down rain at one point and they would swipe maybe once every 30 seconds, so I had to manually fire them at least twice in between to see. Then later when the rain was a faint drizzle that took maybe 60 seconds to obscure my windshield, the wipers are going max speed and almost running dry. Just beyond annoying.

I know about the manual option but generally prefer to just tap the end of the stalk to wipe the screen if auto wipers are not picking up the rain well. Them going crazy in the near dry was new for me. I wonder if it's to do with this update or if I'm just imagining it :p

I've had my Model 3 for 14 months now, the only minor complaint has been the fact that with each software fix, some things work better, but others work worse, or don't work at all. My calendar function is completely inoperable after working fine for quite a few months. I've tried every fix that has worked in the past. Nio luck at all. Wipers sometimes have problems, but not a lot of rain, so that is untested. I finally had to turn on the collision noise for the car due to it coming on when it wasn't even close to being a situation. Sentry became unusable until a recent fix repaired it. These were all working well until a new software release.

Their software management team seems to lack some basic quality control.

The fact that they keep trying to add games and other nonsense worries me that their intent on what should be a priority is a bit misplaced. On a scale of 1 to 100, it barely rates a 2. Not a big deal. But, it does make me wonder how well organized their change management team is in Tesla. My guess is that 99% of the drivers want their wipers working at 100%, and less than 1% care about some foolish game on their console.

And, I do understand that different teams would be working on different projects, but I think most drivers view software as a single stream of functionality.

I've had my Model 3 for 14 months now, the only minor complaint has been the fact that with each software fix, some things work better, but others work worse, or don't work at all. My calendar function is completely inoperable after working fine for quite a few months. I've tried every fix that has worked in the past. Nio luck at all. Wipers sometimes have problems, but not a lot of rain, so that is untested. I finally had to turn on the collision noise for the car due to it coming on when it wasn't even close to being a situation. Sentry became unusable until a recent fix repaired it. These were all working well until a new software release.

Their software management team seems to lack some basic quality control.

The fact that they keep trying to add games and other nonsense worries me that their intent on what should be a priority is a bit misplaced. On a scale of 1 to 100, it barely rates a 2. Not a big deal. But, it does make me wonder how well organized their change management team is in Tesla. My guess is that 99% of the drivers want their wipers working at 100%, and less than 1% care about some foolish game on their console.

And, I do understand that different teams would be working on different projects, but I think most drivers view software as a single stream of functionality.
I've only had mine about 4 months but I agree about their quality assurance being lacking. I wonder as a software dev myself how much testing they do before firing out updates. Nothing major has failed, but I have noticed some updates cause more frequent crashes, backup camera glitches, and other weird bugs.

Reactions: C141medic and JES2
Just got 32.2.2 yesterday and drove with NOA today. Big fail. Was on AC Expressway and was getting off exit. Everything was fine up until the point of the car automatically changing into the exit lane. As soon as that occurred, I get warning messages (big red wheel on screen) and “cruise control unavailable.” Bizarre. Never had that occur before. It wasn’t an exit with tight turns or anything different from the other exits I’ve taken where I’ve never had issues (except the one time the car did t take the exit at all).

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Just got 32.2.2 yesterday and drove with NOA today. Big fail. Was on AC Expressway and was getting off exit. Everything was fine up until the point of the car automatically changing into the exit lane. As soon as that occurred, I get warning messages (big red wheel on screen) and “cruise control unavailable.” Bizarre. Never had that occur before. It wasn’t an exit with tight turns or anything different from the other exits I’ve taken where I’ve never had issues (except the one time the car did t take the exit at all).
I ad a similar problem last Sunday but simply flicked NAP off.

Just got 2019.32.2.2, nothing added other then the software update line or notification and the wheel configuration. Plus other hidden bug fixes not mentioned. Will drive it tonight on my way to work. Updated from 2019.28. SR Plus March 19 build & HW 2.5

Fred