Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Increasing the [FSD] price in early Q4 is not a problem because the real sales push is always at the end of the quarter anyway and they can drop it again if they need to.

What kind of need would that be ?

The same kind that has taken away and/or brought back free Supercharging every quarter for the past 2.5 years.

Pricing of soft features are easy demand levers without logistical issues of hardware features.

Last edited:
As exciting as talking about end of quarter pushes is in a V10 thread...not naming names, but your name may rhyme with metrecbon-shoe :) j/k

So, does .12 justify it's own new thread?

Fair enough. :)

However, my point was analyzing what this tweet meant and what it might mean for Smart/Enhanced Summon and V10s relation to FSD price changes.
Price increase for Tesla FSD postponed until version 10 with smart summon is in wide release, which is about 4 to 8 weeks away, depending on how early access goes

Personally I think V10 and Smart/Enhanced Summon may still appear in Q3 for some revenue recognition fun. I do not think FSD prices will increase during Q3 no matter if V10 comes — or at least not until it is too late for any meaningful new sales, a price change on the last days of the quarter for new orders (that can not be filled anymore) could of course happen.

Was gonna post this in a more relevant thread, but since we're just talking about everything here now:

If original timeline was feature complete end of the year, and we're already a month behind being done with V10 (given we are now 'hearing' about 32.2.12 as a new RC), lets adjust expectations to Q1 for feature complete. That way we are emotionally prepared for the bad news! Stand by for further justifications for delay of feature complete.

Truthfully I am really interested and excited for how they roll out NoA city though. I can't even imagine how that's going to work, but I have to assume it is possible at this point.

@Ostrichsak

My attempt was to analyze this tweet that was brought up by @diplomat33 and its relation to the firmware update, its features and its wide release. I personally think .11 and .12 may well thus be representative of what will release as V10 before end of Q3 (to FSD/maybe EAP buyers), with Enhanced Summon in tow (I explained my opinion why) — and I don’t think this firmware release will automatically affect FSD pricing that was also mentioned before me (the impending change of quarter might though).
I guess there are different ways to interpret this tweet from Elon. I took it to mean that Smart Summon would go out with V10.

Elon Musk
✔@elonmusk

Price increase for Tesla FSD postponed until version 10 with smart summon is in wide release, which is about 4 to 8 weeks away, depending on how early access goes
3:59 PM - Aug 20, 2019

Last edited:
There is now a 2019.32.2.12 update popping up on Teslafi. It's a tiny roll out and the fact that it is an incremental number after .11 makes me think it is a minor Early Access update. Maybe it is a bug fix for Early Access V10 to address the bugs that Elon mentioned?

There is now a 2019.32.2.12 update popping up on Teslafi. It's a tiny roll out and the fact that it is an incremental number after .11 makes me think it is a minor Early Access update. Maybe it is a bug fix for Early Access V10 to address the bugs that Elon mentioned?
It appears to have superceded 2019.32.2.11, with nearly all of those Early Access installations updated. I've seen Enhanced Summon videos with this .12 FW posted elsewhere.

If original timeline was feature complete end of the year, and we're already a month behind being done with V10 (given we are now 'hearing' about 32.2.12 as a new RC), lets adjust expectations to Q1 for feature complete.

Correction - stop light/sign recognition and automatic city driving are supposed to be 'feature complete' by end of Q4, if you look at the order page it says 'coming later this year'.

Do I actually believe that? Not really. Just saying that's what Tesla is currently committing to. Of course maybe when Jan 1st comes they just leave it as 'later this year' - problem solved!!

Correction - stop light/sign recognition and automatic city driving are supposed to be 'feature complete' by end of Q4, if you look at the order page it says 'coming later this year'.

Do I actually believe that? Not really. Just saying that's what Tesla is currently committing to. Of course maybe when Jan 1st comes they just leave it as 'later this year' - problem solved!!

I don’t think that is ”feature complete” as it means those will be released by the end of the year (if they come as announced).

Feature complete does not mean release quality. By end of 2019 Tesla stated feature complete Level 5 no geofence as their expectation at Autonomy Investor Day, which is clearly beyond just stop light/sign recognition and automatic city driving.

Reactions: willow_hiller
I don’t think that is ”feature complete” as it means those will be released by the end of the year (if they come as announced).

Feature complete does not mean release quality. By end of 2019 Tesla stated feature complete Level 5 no geofence as their expectation at Autonomy Investor Day, which is clearly beyond just stop light/sign recognition and automatic city driving.

So Tesla is very likely going to have to make a decision (because they will be late, as software always is)...release something that is really not very good but ticks the boxes, or be late. I actually hope they just release it...I wanna play!

Reactions: Pale_Rider