Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.2.2 Blindspot Detection Limited on back country roads..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the reason I bring this i up is: I've been getting "Blindspot Detection Limited" warnings since a week after I got my car in Dec. 2018. They usually came up completely randomly and lasted all day.

They've replaced pretty much everything related: Every camera (some several times), the camera wiring harnesses, and even replaced the AP computer (HW3) which all the cameras connect to.

For a month, everything was great. No warnings, nothing.

During the HW3 install, they scratched my bumper. Two days ago I took it down to have the bumper replaced.

Problem is, 2019.32.2.2 got downloaded to my car that same day.

Now, at night, and only at night, when I drive on to certain un-lined roads (it's repeatable every single time, in the exact same spots) I get:

- Blindspot Detection Limited (Camera Visibility Reduced)
- Lane Departure Avoidance Limited (Contact Tesla Service if this persists.)

I've tried going to the same roads, for the last two nights. They appear every time in the same spot, and nowhere else. As soon as I leave those spots, the warnings go away.

What I'm getting at is, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this in 2019.32.2.2 or if my general camera problem has come back due to them... wiggling something while replacing the bumper.

This differs from before as it isn't random, its completely repeatable, same spot every time, and it goes away when I leave those locations.

I'm hoping it's firmware, otherwise this would be the 8th time in for this problem and I probably have to seriously consider this issue to be non-repairable...

hmm. Well, thanks for letting me know - that's a good sign in a way, saying maybe it's software, but also I've looked around and not any other reports. I'd hate to make another service appointment. (I did, however, do the 'bug report' thing while it was happening...)

hmm. Well, thanks for letting me know - that's a good sign in a way, saying maybe it's software, but also I've looked around and not any other reports. I'd hate to make another service appointment. (I did, however, do the 'bug report' thing while it was happening...)
A few software upgrades ago I started to receive this message when pulling into my garage. After about two or three software updates I no long recieve the message. I talked with my SC about it a few times while it was happing and they agreed that it was a FW issue. I haven't had it show up yet in 32.2.2 but if it does I'll post here.

Happened to me today, I have never had an issue before with this and it happened on a road similar what you wrote about. It was perfectly fine freeway driving.. only happened with this update.

I’m sure next update fixes it or in your case your next set of cameras, hw3 computer and mcu.

Ok thanks guys - thats at least two reports of it happening on 2019.32.2.2 - makes me feel a little better; just weird that it happens like crazy on certain roads predictably. I don't think my cameras are bad because as soon as i'm off those roads everything works fine...

As far as is Tesla taking care of me: Well, they've replaced everything so far, so, if this is just a firmware weirdness with these roads, then yeah they have. If it's the problem re-occurring, then, well, I'm not sure what to do next.

I almost wish I could roll back to 2019.32.2.1, to check, because it certainly wasn't happening then.

If anyone else does see either of these warnings in similar situations though with 2019.32.2.2, please do post here though.

I'm on 2019.32.12.2, I have been getting the same issue issue for probably close to a year - not sure version numbers. Sometimes it goes away after a few minutes, other times it stays around until I park and get out of the car for a few minutes. Usually, it's limited to driving on the highway at night.

I tried to capture dashcam footage on my USB stick while it was happening hoping that the video would show one of the cameras dropped out but no luck I had 3 totally stable video files.

I'm on 32.12.1 (UK) and I've had the same 2-3 times now - always at night and when it's been colder (we're still not down to frost, though). On one ocassion I did spot some condensation in left B pillar cam but that hasn't repeated since I put the heating back to auto (coincidence?). It's also single track country roads.

I have gotten this message the very first day I took delivery. It's not intermittent, it is always on. I was recommended to drive around for a few hours and the notification might go away. It didn't go away and an appointment was scheduled for 3 weeks afterwards. They replaced one of the cameras during that appointment but the problem didn't go away. Service said that the computer needs replacing so I'm hoping that will fix the issue once it's replaced.