Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, maybe it is real after all... In another forum, the following release notes were posted for 2019.32...

2019.32 2.jpg
2019.32 1.jpg

Those release notes mention keyfob update for "model S". Since this is the model 3 forum (not the model s or general software update forum), did you find notes somewhere that this update was for model 3?

On a side note, most of the time these threads turn into "I got it" or "I didnt, why didnt I?!?!??!" and people quoting teslafi stats as if everyone who would be getting the update would be on teslafi.

All that is fine of course, but they normally start with "I found XXX installs on teslafi". Why jump the gun in this case?

Those release notes mention keyfob update for "model S". Since this is the model 3 forum (not the model s or general software update forum), did you find notes somewhere that this update was for model 3?

On a side note, most of the time these threads turn into "I got it" or "I didnt, why didnt I?!?!??!" and people quoting teslafi stats as if everyone who would be getting the update would be on teslafi.

All that is fine of course, but they normally start with "I found XXX installs on teslafi". Why jump the gun in this case?

There was another post in the 2019.28 thread (here in TMC, Model 3 forum), and one on Teslaownersforum. I have no idea what the truth is; time will tell.

Because this time the first to publicly install was not on TeslaFi but was on Stats for Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
Anyone know how to confirm if you have a v2 key fob?
I think they switched to the v2 key fobs in June 2018. Before the switch, they were using the 40 bit key fobs which were are easier to hack.

Tesla says that Model X key fobs are less subject to those attacks since they already had “robust cryptography” and Model S vehicles since June 2018 also come with the same key fobs.

Tesla is rolling out extra layer of security with 'improved cryptography' key fob and optional 'PIN to Drive' feature - Electrek

• Informative
Reactions: Shateam
Software Update

The status bar will now indicate when there is a software update available to be downloaded. Tapping the icon will take you directly to Controls > Software for additional details regarding the update.

New Language Support

You can now select Norwegian as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes.

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Software Update

The status bar will now indicate when there is a software update available to be downloaded. Tapping the icon will take you directly to Controls > Software for additional details regarding the update.

New Language Support

You can now select Norwegian as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes.

For Model S there is an update for v2 key fobs.