Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.1 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening,
Few days ago I received the 2019.36.1 update. I purchased my vehicle in May with build date March of 2019

for some reason when my vehicle updated it only gave me scheduled departure and automatic navigation.

Mira missing
one pedal driving
Pylon detection
Power increase

Spoke with my dealership and they re sent the update and still same issue. They r saying their system is showing its updated properly and that their will be another update for that.
Spoke with Tesla tech support and they said bc my vehicle was built in March and not April I won’t get the other updates! This is the first update where I am missing things and it’s frustrating as hell.

Anyone else have an issue like that?
Please advice. Thanks

One pedal driving and the power increase require the new front PMSR motor introduced in April, the traffic cone detection may (?) require the Autopilot HW 3 computer, which, if you have Full Self Driving, you will get at some point in the future.

One pedal driving and the power increase require the new front PMSR motor introduced in April, the traffic cone detection may (?) require the Autopilot HW 3 computer, which, if you have Full Self Driving, you will get at some point in the future.

Vehicle build was March but I purchased vehicle in May. They told me they would update my computer to the newer version once Tesla approves it. But thank you for the update. Frustrating that my computer can not recognize traffic cones lol. Yes I have FSD

I'd be really pissed that I didn't get a Raven. Did you know that the car you were taking delivery wasn't a Raven and therefore was old tech? Tesla really doesn't care about older tech so you'll never really get whatever they are focused on for drivetrain improvements.

I'd be really pissed that I didn't get a Raven. Did you know that the car you were taking delivery wasn't a Raven and therefore was old tech? Tesla really doesn't care about older tech so you'll never really get whatever they are focused on for drivetrain improvements.
No I never knew, they told me they don’t know how long newer vehicles would be delivered and therefore offered me that one

Getting older/newer tech in your new Tesla purchase is completely “luck of the draw”. We have purchased 4 new Tesla and my most current Model S is the first one gray I actually got the “new tech” at delivery. All others were like the OP .....literally just weeks before major updates...

Getting older/newer tech in your new Tesla purchase is completely “luck of the draw”. We have purchased 4 new Tesla and my most current Model S is the first one gray I actually got the “new tech” at delivery. All others were like the OP .....literally just weeks before major updates...

Except this was a couple months after. He got stale inventory. Raven was announced in March. Production in April I think. Took delivery in May.

Except this was a couple months after. He got stale inventory. Raven was announced in March. Production in April I think. Took delivery in May.

I doubt there would have been any chance at all of getting a Raven Refresh in Canada delivered in May 2019. I got mine, Atlanta GA, delivered 6-9-2019 and I ordered mine the day they were announced and then had my order killed and re-submitted 3 days later to actually guarantee a Raven Refresh model.

I am conjecturing but I would bet the OP bought an inventory car. Even if he had ordered in March for May delivery that would have resulted in the same situation tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Informative
Reactions: mnm1945 and croman
Can anyone here confirm if they have cone detection on their tesla in Canada. And is so what model and what version oh HW? Like HW2.5 or HW3?

I have looked at a lot of posts I'm not sure if Canada got cone dection.

I doubt there would have been any chance at all of getting a Raven Refresh in Canada delivered in May 2019. I got mine, Atlanta GA, delivered 6-9-2019 and I ordered mine the day they were announced and then had my order killed and re-submitted 3 days later to actually guarantee a Raven Refresh model.

I am conjecturing but I would bet the OP bought an inventory car. Even if he had ordered in March for May delivery that would have resulted in the same situation tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No I opted out of inventory car and custom built mine.