Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.1 Reports Coming In....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m nearly 100% sure it’s not a linear relationship. Say it takes 300HP to go 4.4 sec. Isn’t he power requirement curve an exponential one, i.e., it will take much more power to to faster because drag increases exponentially as speed increases?

Not a physicist so someone who is should chime in.
Theoretically if the power applied was 5% greater at all times you would reach 60 5% faster, theoretically it is a linear relationship.

In reality you have grip limitations at low speed and other effects that make it somewhat sub-linear. 4.23 or so is about what you should get if power is increased by 5% from a 4.4s power level.

• Informative
Reactions: PaulJohn
Saw on TeslaFi that non of cars with HW2.0 received upgrade yet. Wonder what is going on.

Also, with the scheduled changing and preconditioning of the car does this mean that Tesla stepped away from smart preconditioning?

Last edited:
Same here with squeals from my brakes. Let's hope that now low speed braking is automated that Tesla can (or have) built in periodic brake caliper activation during braking to reduce the prevalence of customer complaints about squealing brakes.

I suspect it is the material that the discs are made of and humidity. My Volt frequently squeaked, as did my Altima and as my TM3 currently does. Not a big deal to me as it only happens once a day, when backing out of the garage.
:) It lets me know I still have brakes :D.

• Funny
Reactions: spazzwig
This would require blending and seems Tesla has an aversion to that.
Just a thought:
I am able to blend from regen to friction brakes every time I want to come to a complete stop. I am a fairly stupid bag of flesh and I get it absolutely bang on, every single time. Is it really that hard for Tesla to engineer? I get that they need to use regen to a point and then transition gradually to friction brakes but the car must have accelerometers and gyros aplenty. They have absolutely nailed a thousand functions that were dreadful in their first iterations so why not give this one a go?

Just a thought:
I am able to blend from regen to friction brakes every time I want to come to a complete stop. I am a fairly stupid bag of flesh and I get it absolutely bang on, every single time. Is it really that hard for Tesla to engineer?

Same here. I don't understand the problem- I usually can't even tell when my braking is taking over from the regen- smoother than it was in my Prius, and I don't ever recall anyone there complaining about it.

Nor do I understand the one-pedal driving questions: If you're not hotrodding around, and let up on the juice when approaching stops, you can come to a complete stop without touching the brake, if you have Creep turned off, and if you're not going down a hill.

I dispute that you are a fairly stupid bag of flesh. The bag itself is flesh, with probably guts and sawdust and things inside- would be more accurate to say you are a fairly stupid fleshbag of guts.

Same here. I don't understand the problem- I usually can't even tell when my braking is taking over from the regen- smoother than it was in my Prius, and I don't ever recall anyone there complaining about it.

Nor do I understand the one-pedal driving questions: If you're not hotrodding around, and let up on the juice when approaching stops, you can come to a complete stop without touching the brake, if you have Creep turned off, and if you're not going down a hill.

I dispute that you are a fairly stupid bag of flesh. The bag itself is flesh, with probably guts and sawdust and things inside- would be more accurate to say you are a fairly stupid fleshbag of guts.

Sawdust? What you been eating, man?
Perhaps I am a fairly stupid fleshbag of guts, other animals and plants....

Also, I have creep enabled. Can't bear it off. Parking in tight garages, (tiny) Swiss parking spaces etc is a horrible experience without creep.

Sawdust? What you been eating, man?
Perhaps I am a fairly stupid fleshbag of guts, other animals and plants....

Also, I have creep enabled. Can't bear it off. Parking in tight garages, (tiny) Swiss parking spaces etc is a horrible experience without creep.

Huh. I hadn't considered that about creep- will try it both ways. I don't know if you mean that the car lurches forward more than you want without creep. In my car, it's easy to control your speed down to a crawl, and I mean a human crawl, but I suppose it's easier still with creep. But I like that with creep off and regen set at standard, I can do one-pedal driving.

The sawdust must have been a personal bias showing through. I do a lot of woodworking and sometimes forget my dust mask, and I'm probably 5% sawdust inside.

Reactions: Aellinsar