Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.1 Reports Coming In....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car received 36.2.1 a few nights ago. Of course I immediately tried out the one-pedal driving mode. Other than an annoying little click behind the dash when the brakes get set to 'hold' it seems to work pretty well. (Of course the sound system usually drowns out the clicking noise.) Backing up is a little non-intuitive at first though.

A question for those who have experienced true one-pedal driving in other EVs - e.g., Leaf e-Pedal, Bolt EV "L" mode, etc. How does the Tesla implementation compare?

The new departure time charging is a step in the right direction. But still pales compared to the extensive facility that GMs Volt and Bolt EV have. At a minimum, Tesla should allow different start times for weekday vs weekend. On the Volt, I can enter the entire PG&E rate schedule into the car - peak/part-peak/off-peak time periods for weekdays vs weekends and summer vs winter. Then one can choose to have the car optimize the charging based on cost, time of departure, etc.
You can do all that with the Stats app. Set different charging schedules by day.

Reactions: wws
32.2.1 also has smoothed out Auto Lane Changes for me.... But it still takes a full 7 second's to start the Lane change.

This was 4-5 second's back on the first release of v10.... NOA was also much better on the first v10 release for me...

Hoping to get back to that same level in the next release or two.

It's my understanding that the power / range improvements are due in part to two different mechanisms. Please correct me if this isn't correct.

(1) improved regeneration scavenging at low (to-stop) speeds in the permanent magnet motors.
(2) changes to / efficiency improvements in the AC waveforms fed to the motor(s) by the inverter(s)

I have yet to notice any improvement in the rated range of my LR AWD. It hasn't been taken through a 100% - 0% cycle since the update so I hope that it will show up after it has gone through a full charge / discharge cycle. I'm more interested in maintaining range than I am in a 5% power increase. I don't think I can detect a 5% power improvement, anyway.