Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.1 Reports Coming In....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone's wondering what One Pedal Driving means, I did a search and found this:

“Along with the previously-available CREEP and ROLL (the previous vehicle behavior if CREEP was disabled) settings, a new setting called HOLD is available as a Stopping Mode selection. When HOLD is selected, your vehicle continues to use regenerative braking after decelerating to a low speed and applies Vehicle Hold after coming to a complete stop. The HOLD setting maximized range and reduces brake wear by continuing to provide regenerative braking at speeds lower than approximately 5 mph (8km/h).”
I downloaded the update after getting home this evening. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.

I am ecstatic at this and have wondered since receiving my Model 3 last year why it wasn't available long ago.

A total no-brainer. Hope Elon explains what took so long. Another reason to love my car even more.

Reactions: Aellinsar
I just installed on my 2019 MX - I only see these two features on X

Stopping Mode - NOT there
Scheduled Departure
Power Increase - NOT there
Automatic Navigation

I wonder why Stopping mode is only for 3. Anyone with MX has these features ?

When was your Model X built? (i.e. is it a Raven?)

I think it only applies to Teslas with a permanent magnet motor.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
When was your Model X built? (i.e. is it a Raven?)

I think it only applies to Teslas with a permanent magnet motor.

That's the first I heard about the one pedal driving not coming to 'older' S & X. It will be a huge shame if you're correct that only the Raven S & X will get it.
I have a 2018 S100D and am really hoping to get Stopping Mode. It's a no brainer for an EV...

That's the first I heard about the one pedal driving not coming to 'older' S & X. It will be a huge shame if you're correct that only the Raven S & X will get it.
I have a 2018 S100D and am really hoping to get Stopping Mode. It's a no brainer for an EV...
They don't have a permeant magnet motor so it would have to use brakes below about 10mph.

If anyone's wondering what One Pedal Driving means, I did a search and found this:

“Along with the previously-available CREEP and ROLL (the previous vehicle behavior if CREEP was disabled) settings, a new setting called HOLD is available as a Stopping Mode selection. When HOLD is selected, your vehicle continues to use regenerative braking after decelerating to a low speed and applies Vehicle Hold after coming to a complete stop. The HOLD setting maximized range and reduces brake wear by continuing to provide regenerative braking at speeds lower than approximately 5 mph (8km/h).”

I wonder how much this will reduce brake use and potentially increasing the possibility of seized calipers due to lack of use? I already have squeaky brakes on my 3 from what I assume is a lack of regular exercising of the brakes. Would be nice if Tesla had some sort of reminder or automatic program that puts the car in a “brake maintenance” mode allowing the rotors to be cleaned off. I understand other EVs with one pedal driving offer that option.

Are those of you that are getting the update EAP? I am not, but seem to usually be in the first batch of people to get updates. Just curious if this will be in the next couple of days or still in EAP.

I am not in the formal EAP, but I am supposed to be in the “early FSD buyer” crowd and did get the push last night. So this is a public release.

I wonder how much this will reduce brake use and potentially increasing the possibility of seized calipers due to lack of use? I already have squeaky brakes on my 3 from what I assume is a lack of regular exercising of the brakes.

Same here with squeals from my brakes. Let's hope that now low speed braking is automated that Tesla can (or have) built in periodic brake caliper activation during braking to reduce the prevalence of customer complaints about squealing brakes.

I've mentioned this all three times I've had my car serviced. I won't stop mentioning it until they find a fix. My LEAF doesn't squeal so Tesla's excuse that regen braking promotes surface disc corrosion doesn't cut it with me.

Reactions: Az_Rael
I'm also interested to see how the one pedal driving works. The Honda Fit EV I leased had great one pedal driving...

Our Nissan Leaf has a good implementation of it as well. Will test it in our TM3 today. Interested to see how high SOC, and low ambient temperatures affect it. Will we still get all the warnings on limited regeneration, when temperature approach freezing.

I wonder how much this will reduce brake use and potentially increasing the possibility of seized calipers due to lack of use? I already have squeaky brakes on my 3 from what I assume is a lack of regular exercising of the brakes. Would be nice if Tesla had some sort of reminder or automatic program that puts the car in a “brake maintenance” mode allowing the rotors to be cleaned off. I understand other EVs with one pedal driving offer that option.

It could actually make it better, if once it comes to a stop it fully depresses the brakes to move the caliper as much as possible.