Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.1 Reports Coming In....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here with squeals from my brakes. Let's hope that now low speed braking is automated that Tesla can (or have) built in periodic brake caliper activation during braking to reduce the prevalence of customer complaints about squealing brakes.
Low speed automated braking has been around as long as Autopilot. Actually it's been out since TACC was released.

I wonder how much this will reduce brake use and potentially increasing the possibility of seized calipers due to lack of use? I already have squeaky brakes on my 3 from what I assume is a lack of regular exercising of the brakes. Would be nice if Tesla had some sort of reminder or automatic program that puts the car in a “brake maintenance” mode allowing the rotors to be cleaned off. I understand other EVs with one pedal driving offer that option.

I manually perform this function occasionally by shifting to Neutral at about 25 MPH and then braking fairly firmly a couple of times. Usually right after I wash it because the rotors get some surface rust if left wet.

Mike

Has anybody from somewhere else other than the center of the Tesla universe seen a different time displayed in that message than "6AM"?

Peak rates don't begin at 6AM in most places. Here they begin at 7AM and don't apply on weekends or on (proper) weekday holidays.
We should have the answer later today as one of our cars received the update but we have to fly to pick it up. If it is fixed at 6 am, that's a pretty poor development decision.

I mentioned before that I don't like the weekdays checkbox either. Not everyone works Monday to Friday or would want preconditioning every day...or would want preconditioning at all! They should just list the days of the week and allow the user to select which days, if any, the want preconditioning to be enabled.

Has anybody from somewhere else other than the center of the Tesla universe seen a different time displayed in that message than "6AM"?
Peak rates don't begin at 6AM in most places. Here they begin at 7AM and don't apply on weekends or on (proper) weekday holidays.

Yes, our peak rates here in Ontario, Canada also begin after 7 am, and never on weekends and official provincial holidays, so 6 am would not be good enough.

Same here with squeals from my brakes. Let's hope that now low speed braking is automated that Tesla can (or have) built in periodic brake caliper activation during braking to reduce the prevalence of customer complaints about squealing brakes.

I've mentioned this all three times I've had my car serviced. I won't stop mentioning it until they find a fix. My LEAF doesn't squeal so Tesla's excuse that regen braking promotes surface disc corrosion doesn't cut it with me.

if you think your squeaky brakes are from lack of use, use them once in a while....
but truth is squeaky brakes can have a multitude of causes and have experienced squeaky brakes on almost every vehicle I've ever owned at one point or another.

But it defeats one of the main points of scheduling a charge to finish right before you need the car. With a fixed time, the battery will cool down before many drive in the morning, leading to reduced regen.
Yup. Safe is better than nothing, but it could be better.

I'm also curious about shared HPWC. What happens is you have two HPWC - 40a max charging between the two... Certainly a corner case, but would be good to know.

Yup. Safe is better than nothing, but it could be better.

I'm also curious about shared HPWC. What happens is you have two HPWC - 40a max charging between the two... Certainly a corner case, but would be good to know.
Good point. Well have to test that once we get the update on multiple vehicles. However, due to the limitations on the new scheduled charging features, I doubt we'll ever use it.

But it defeats one of the main points of scheduling a charge to finish right before you need the car. With a fixed time, the battery will cool down before many drive in the morning, leading to reduced regen.
Let’s not get too excited unless we get actual information that it is locked at 6 vs variable. There’s enough Tesla vitriol on this forum without needing new vitriol based on hypothetical :) Sorry I aggravated it!

Okay, but this isn't reflected in the 0-60 times shown on the order page. But I understand neither cars nor physics well enough to know exactly how that would work. I do know that mathematically if you improve a 4.4 second 0-60 time by 5% you get approximately 4.2 seconds.

I noticed on the order page the Long Range Dual Motor All Wheel Drive now shows a range of 322 miles, while the Model 3 Performance is still at 310 miles. In the past, weren't they both listed as a 310 mile range ? Is this because of the Aero Wheels or did something else change in the new update ?

Okay, but this isn't reflected in the 0-60 times shown on the order page. But I understand neither cars nor physics well enough to know exactly how that would work. I do know that mathematically if you improve a 4.4 second 0-60 time by 5% you get approximately 4.2 seconds.

I’m nearly 100% sure it’s not a linear relationship. Say it takes 300HP to go 4.4 sec. Isn’t he power requirement curve an exponential one, i.e., it will take much more power to to faster because drag increases exponentially as speed increases?

Not a physicist so someone who is should chime in.