Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.2.1 - Power Limiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated a few days ago and have noticed the power (acceleration) being limited on my P3- 3 times now...

1. The battery was low, about 10 - 15%. Understandable but I have not seen this before. Power was limited to about 60%, as seen with the dotted lines on the dash (the same as you get for regenerative breaking but on the power side).

2. Brake fluid warning came up. This happens every now and again and a soft reset sends it away again for a few weeks. Again limited to about 60%

3. And the most surprising one, today for no apparent reason. I have about 90% charge and no errors, but there is about a 10-15% power limit. The only things that I could think of are a) it is currently quite cold, around 5 degrees C, b) it was raining heavily, but it is very surprising, and clever the car would limit for this!

Has anyone else noticed this since the update and have any ideas about number 3?

2. Brake fluid warning came up. This happens every now and again and a soft reset sends it away again for a few weeks. Again limited to about 60%
Sorry if this is a silly question but have you actually checked the brake fluid levels? it is not uncommon for the brake fluid in an M3 to drop a bit once the brakes bed in and need topping up. You could take it to a service center but its probably less hassle to check it and top it up yourself.

I have not got around to checking it yet. To be honest, it has generally only every come on after a software update so I assumed it may have been a system error, as the reset removes it again. I will check it though.

I have not got around to checking it yet. To be honest, it has generally only every come on after a software update so I assumed it may have been a system error, as the reset removes it again. I will check it though.

Yes, everyone who has reported this issue on the forum, and have chosen to top up the fluid, appear to have solved the issue successfully. I can't remember reading about any of those people still having to resort to a service centre appointment (I could be wrong but I don't think so.)