TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.36.2.2 (USA)

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by drkeys, Nov 19, 2019.

1. drkeys

drkeys Member

got 2019.36.2.2 upgraded from 36.2.1. last night

although the release notes didn't say anything new

the smart summon range has been extended :) i go to work everyday use smart summon to retrieve my car before 36.2.2 i had to get onto the parking lot to get in the range of 200m

now i can stand next to the building entrance and be in range, i think it's at least 250m can someone check in on this?

excited.

• Like x 2
  2. mhinterseher

mhinterseher Member

You must not be from USA. No one uses meters here ;-)

• Funny x 1
  3. Puddles

Puddles Member

Shucks even Canada still has back Yards and guys named Miles.

• Funny x 1
  4. DVS930

DVS930 Member

I just got update notice and I'm in the US

5. drkeys

drkeys Member

Cool.. let me know if your smart summon range has been extended

6. frank-datank

frank-datank Member

Any chance this fixes the seatbelt chime when in park?

7. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Frank-Datank,

Unfortunately no - The annoying chime is still there.
    Auto present doors still do not open either...

Shawn

8. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Never had a problem with auto present doors on my 2018 MX.

The seatbelt chime is there, but it seems to go away after 20 or 30 seconds for me.

• Like x 1
  9. mxnym

mxnym Member

My fear is that the seatbelt chime was always supposed to be there. Technically, the car is "on" when it's in Park and other vehicles would have a seatbelt chime in that scenario. If I am correct, hopefully they will be quick to provide a way to turn the car "off" other than unbuckling, opening the door, and getting out. That way, the seat belt chime will be avoidable. I'd also be thrilled if it's just a bug and they revert it.

10. Lydia49

Lydia49 Member

My annoying seatbelt chime just started with this update and my release notes are now empty on my P90D Model X. My husbands release notes disappeared on his S last update. Ugh.

11. Gil Shanley

Gil Shanley Member

I had the Auto present doors fail and a Tesla Ranger came yesterday and replaced what looked like a mother board. Took about 3 hours.
    He said there was a;defect in that part that has since been corrected in the new parts.
    I also have the chimes in park. He said to make a bug report and maybe that can be fixed OTA. i will do that tonight.
    Let us know your experience.

12. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

OMG i HATE that!!! Joe mode should at least affect, or at the minimum only give us 1 chime.

13. sllvgl

sllvgl Member

We ended up cancelling a SoCal family trip due to weather, but boy did I dread having to make a late night stop at a SuperCharger with the kids sleeping in the back because of the chime.

14. mxnym

mxnym Member

In that scenario, I would try very hard to remember to keep my grumbling to a minimum and use the power off button in the MCU before unbuckling my seatbelt.

15. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

Shawn......can you elaborate more on your door not opening?
    Does it happen every time or sporadic?
    Been having issues on my end, Tesla replaces the door mechanism a couple times and tried a couple other tricks to no avail
    What’s the bizarre thing is sometimes it works perfectly fine and sometimes it does not
    When it does not work the door will crack open slightly, you can hear the motor and actuator working but the door will not release open

16. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi John,

The door will open with a key fob or open from the center screen or open by pressing the handle.
    I purchased the premium upgrades package or PUP while it was still an option.
    It includes the "auto present" doors option - With this option when you approach the car from the rear the driver
    door opens fully as if to greet you.
    When you approach the car from the front the door opens about 8" until you pass it and then it opens fully.

The door did nothing... Not a sound, not a movement regardless of approach direction, never...
    It still opened by the fob or the screen but not by my approach.

I just returned from the Indianapolis Service Center.
    They verified that I had the car programmed properly for the door to auto present.
    It did not auto present.
    They ended up replacing the Central Body Controller - Warranty
    It works great now.
    The best service visit I have ever had... UV removed the yellow and upgraded autopilot to HW3.

You have a more serious sounding mechanical problem.
    It's at least a 2 step operation - The first step is to release the lock and latch.
    The second step is the 2 stage operation of the actuator - the initial open and the second or full open...
    If you hear grinding or groaning the latch is not releasing or the actuator may have some internal gear
    damage. It is very hard to remote diagnose...
    Sorry to have to direct you back to your (or another) service center but they have the tools and
    people to make it work.

Shawn

17. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi John,

The door will open with a key fob or open from the center screen or open by pressing the handle.
    I purchased the premium upgrades package or PUP while it was still an option.
    It includes the "auto present" doors option - With this option when you approach the car from the rear the driver
    door opens fully as if to greet you.
    When you approach the car from the front the door opens about 8" until you pass it and then it opens fully.

The door did nothing... Not a sound, not a movement regardless of approach direction, never...
    It still opened by the fob or the screen but not by my approach.

I just returned from the Indianapolis Service Center.
    They verified that I had the car programmed properly for the door to auto present.
    It did not auto present.
    They ended up replacing the Central Body Controller - Warranty
    It works great now.
    The best service visit I have ever had... UV removed the yellow and upgraded autopilot to HW3.

You have a more serious sounding mechanical problem.
    It's at least a 2 step operation - The first step is to release the lock and latch.
    The second step is the 2 stage operation of the actuator - the initial open and the second or full open...
    If you hear grinding or groaning the latch is not releasing or the actuator may have some internal gear
    damage. It is very hard to remote diagnose...
    Sorry to have to direct you back to your (or another) service center but they have the tools and
    people to make it work.

Shawn

18. lakemirror

lakemirror Member

I don't ever remember owning any car that chimed at me if it was in Park.

19. mxnym

mxnym Member

Did you start the engines in your other vehicles before buckling your seatbelt? This is relevant because "Car Off" is the equivalent of having not started your engine, and therefore Park (selected in PRND) must be the equivalent of having started your engine. My normal routine in previous ICE vehicles was to buckle before starting the engine and to stop the engine before unbuckling, so I never heard the chime except when I had passengers, however I heard it often enough to doubt that I was in gear every time.