Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.2.2 (USA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got 2019.36.2.2 upgraded from 36.2.1. last night

although the release notes didn't say anything new

the smart summon range has been extended :) i go to work everyday use smart summon to retrieve my car before 36.2.2 i had to get onto the parking lot to get in the range of 200m

now i can stand next to the building entrance and be in range, i think it's at least 250m can someone check in on this?

excited.

got 2019.36.2.2 upgraded from 36.2.1. last night

although the release notes didn't say anything new

the smart summon range has been extended :) i go to work everyday use smart summon to retrieve my car before 36.2.2 i had to get onto the parking lot to get in the range of 200m

now i can stand next to the building entrance and be in range, i think it's at least 250m can someone check in on this?

excited.
You must not be from USA. No one uses meters here ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: r0xx0r
My fear is that the seatbelt chime was always supposed to be there. Technically, the car is "on" when it's in Park and other vehicles would have a seatbelt chime in that scenario. If I am correct, hopefully they will be quick to provide a way to turn the car "off" other than unbuckling, opening the door, and getting out. That way, the seat belt chime will be avoidable. I'd also be thrilled if it's just a bug and they revert it.

Hi Frank-Datank,

Unfortunately no - The annoying chime is still there.
Auto present doors still do not open either...

Shawn

I had the Auto present doors fail and a Tesla Ranger came yesterday and replaced what looked like a mother board. Took about 3 hours.
He said there was a;defect in that part that has since been corrected in the new parts.
I also have the chimes in park. He said to make a bug report and maybe that can be fixed OTA. i will do that tonight.
Let us know your experience.

Hi Frank-Datank,

Unfortunately no - The annoying chime is still there.
Auto present doors still do not open either...

Shawn

Shawn......can you elaborate more on your door not opening?
Does it happen every time or sporadic?
Been having issues on my end, Tesla replaces the door mechanism a couple times and tried a couple other tricks to no avail
What’s the bizarre thing is sometimes it works perfectly fine and sometimes it does not
When it does not work the door will crack open slightly, you can hear the motor and actuator working but the door will not release open

Hi John,

The door will open with a key fob or open from the center screen or open by pressing the handle.
I purchased the premium upgrades package or PUP while it was still an option.
It includes the "auto present" doors option - With this option when you approach the car from the rear the driver
door opens fully as if to greet you.
When you approach the car from the front the door opens about 8" until you pass it and then it opens fully.

The door did nothing... Not a sound, not a movement regardless of approach direction, never...
It still opened by the fob or the screen but not by my approach.

I just returned from the Indianapolis Service Center.
They verified that I had the car programmed properly for the door to auto present.
It did not auto present.
They ended up replacing the Central Body Controller - Warranty
It works great now.
The best service visit I have ever had... UV removed the yellow and upgraded autopilot to HW3.

You have a more serious sounding mechanical problem.
It's at least a 2 step operation - The first step is to release the lock and latch.
The second step is the 2 stage operation of the actuator - the initial open and the second or full open...
If you hear grinding or groaning the latch is not releasing or the actuator may have some internal gear
damage. It is very hard to remote diagnose...
Sorry to have to direct you back to your (or another) service center but they have the tools and
people to make it work.

Shawn

Hi John,

The door will open with a key fob or open from the center screen or open by pressing the handle.
I purchased the premium upgrades package or PUP while it was still an option.
It includes the "auto present" doors option - With this option when you approach the car from the rear the driver
door opens fully as if to greet you.
When you approach the car from the front the door opens about 8" until you pass it and then it opens fully.

The door did nothing... Not a sound, not a movement regardless of approach direction, never...
It still opened by the fob or the screen but not by my approach.

I just returned from the Indianapolis Service Center.
They verified that I had the car programmed properly for the door to auto present.
It did not auto present.
They ended up replacing the Central Body Controller - Warranty
It works great now.
The best service visit I have ever had... UV removed the yellow and upgraded autopilot to HW3.

You have a more serious sounding mechanical problem.
It's at least a 2 step operation - The first step is to release the lock and latch.
The second step is the 2 stage operation of the actuator - the initial open and the second or full open...
If you hear grinding or groaning the latch is not releasing or the actuator may have some internal gear
damage. It is very hard to remote diagnose...
Sorry to have to direct you back to your (or another) service center but they have the tools and
people to make it work.

Shawn

My fear is that the seatbelt chime was always supposed to be there. Technically, the car is "on" when it's in Park and other vehicles would have a seatbelt chime in that scenario. If I am correct, hopefully they will be quick to provide a way to turn the car "off" other than unbuckling, opening the door, and getting out. That way, the seat belt chime will be avoidable. I'd also be thrilled if it's just a bug and they revert it.

I don't ever remember owning any car that chimed at me if it was in Park.

I don't ever remember owning any car that chimed at me if it was in Park.
Did you start the engines in your other vehicles before buckling your seatbelt? This is relevant because "Car Off" is the equivalent of having not started your engine, and therefore Park (selected in PRND) must be the equivalent of having started your engine. My normal routine in previous ICE vehicles was to buckle before starting the engine and to stop the engine before unbuckling, so I never heard the chime except when I had passengers, however I heard it often enough to doubt that I was in gear every time.