Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x - UK perspective

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hold looks good in forward, but for us, if its choice between hold or rolling under brake, then until you can disable hold in reverse, its creep all the way as we have a downhill reverse off our curved drive. It starts off on flat, then down hill, then goes up hill again at end, so can't be done in neutral. But will make final decision after I give it a try. Its a manoeuvre that is undertaken many hundreds of times a year in all conditions including ice - only needs to go wrong once...

Hold looks good in forward, but for us, if its choice between hold or rolling under brake, then until you can disable hold in reverse, its creep all the way as we have a downhill reverse off our curved drive. It starts off on flat, then down hill, then goes up hill again at end, so can't be done in neutral. But will make final decision after I give it a try. Its a manoeuvre that is undertaken many hundreds of times a year in all conditions including ice - only needs to go wrong once...

Fit winter tyres? should never go wrong then.

Yeah, you have to do what works for you. I have to reverse downhill into our driveway every day, the hold setting on reverse will take a little getting used to for me. It's a little weird that it applies forward force with the motor to bring you to a stop, it kinda tricks your brain for a millisecond into thinking you're in drive. Sure I'll get used to it. It's great driving about though.

2019.36.2.1 seems now to be on wide release. 45% of TeslaFi fleet and counting.

Ours was offered overnight, but will possibly wait a few days to see other peoples reactions. 2019.32.x had quite a few updates - we took 4 updates in space of 12 days, rather not do that again.

I loved this guy's vids so much when deciding that I used his referral code. Top entertainment!

I don't watch TeslaDriver any more, after I started seeing so many factual errors go uncorrected. Pure clickbait for the revenue IMO.

Rollout seems to have stopped completely on 36.1

Not uncommon if a bug is detected (even if not significant). Cars with a bug-version are usually prioritised for the next release.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I don't watch TeslaDriver any more, after I started seeing so many factual errors go uncorrected. Pure clickbait for the revenue IMO.

I disagree Upgraded. I'd like to think folk are smart enough to work those bits out. Firstly, the amount of info on real world use far exceeds that of others. Because he's prolific there's no way he's going to re-edit and correct everything or he'd be on forever. As a film-maker I get this. Also, his videos, raw and unclipped, remain interesting throughout. Talking to camera in an absorbing fashion for prolonged periods is VERY difficult. I know. I've tried it enough times! The guy is fantastic at this and when you revert to watching similar concept pieces about driving around, they make some of the ones where you could make a brew between interesting bits seem pedestrian and lazy. I reckon I've learn't (and been entertained) more by his videos than any other, helped by the fact he's in the UK.

As always, other opinions are available ;)

Reactions: MrBadger
Because he's prolific there's no way he's going to re-edit and correct everything or he'd be on forever.

Absolutely no excuse, his popularity brings a responsibility. In edit all he has to do is put a caption to correct an error. That is assuming he knows it was an error ... or cares ...

Watch Bjorn's videos. He doesn't make a mistake often, but he puts up a caption where he does, or in other cases (e.g. where he either didn't realise at the time, or incorrectly thought he was right) full-blown follow-up correction videos. Much more responsible and worthy of support.

I reckon I've learn't (and been entertained) more by his videos than any other,

I have no disagreement with entertaining, my problem is what you may "learn" that is factually wrong. Plenty of people won't have the knowledge to know.

As always, other opinions are available

Indeed :)

Reactions: MrBadger
Absolutely no excuse, his popularity brings a responsibility. In edit all he has to do is put a caption to correct an error. That is assuming he knows it was an error ... or cares ...

Watch Bjorn's videos. He doesn't make a mistake often, but he puts up a caption where he does, or in other cases (e.g. where he either didn't realise at the time, or incorrectly thought he was right) full-blown follow-up correction videos. Much more responsible and worthy of support.

I have no disagreement with entertaining, my problem is what you may "learn" that is factually wrong. Plenty of people won't have the knowledge to know.

Indeed :)
Ok

been entertained

Took me a moment to find it, and make sure it was indeed him ... I particularly liked his older videos where he did things like painting white lines on his lawn and seeing if he could engage AP .. and having succeeded then experimenting with what it would consider an obstacle - e.g.a fiancee. Definitely entertaining ... but IMO he has gone downhill accuracy-wise of late.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I agree with both views above. He can be a bit naïve at times but often does correct himself or say he is unsure. However he does have a global following and the consequences of his actions could have significant consequences so he could be much clearer in some of his corrections. He makes things look so easy, which they are not, and this could lull people into a false sense of security - especially as most of his driving is outside the use case of AP. I bet many people thing what he is doing is the accepted norm, its not folks, do not try this on a street near you. Also I don't like the clickbait intros but he is not alone there - you got to grab peoples attention somehow.

Its a bit like Top Gear, fact or entertainment show? I think both are a bit of both and I like that. But your referral code would have been appreciated more by me ;) The only person who used my referral code cancelled their order :(