Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With confirmation that 2019.32.12.4 is a bug fix version, and information suggesting 2019.36 (detected on Stats app) will bring the new features Elon was talking about, I thought we needed a thread to catch the details.

Stats only shows %, so until you get something in the range of 5-10 vehicles on stats with this firmware and exceed 0.1% it does not show a value. Only that it is detected.

Below we can see what has currently been detected.
Let’s keep in mind that these early releases only go out to testers in EAP who are not supposed to reveal any details. For some reason they show up on stats, much earlier than Teslafi. Perhaps because there is less identifying information.

iCloud
Features expected:
Power increase.
Single pedal driving.
scheduled charging completion.

There will probably be feedback from early testing that increases the .x before the rest of us start to get this. I would expect this will take 2-3 weeks, so we need to be patient. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0DIeOrqjrqfF4M2Ry9cFRXeNg

iCloud link above , is a graph of recent firmware versions detected. For some reason i could not edit that post?
For some reason, here on TMC you have a very limited amount of time after you put up a post to edit it. The various versions of the paid-for memberships increase the edit time, with more edit time given each time you go up to a more expensive membership account.

And great information in the OP, btw... thanks for that. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Kmartyn
Looks like Elon’s tweet from today stating 50hp increase with software update, probably regarding p100d raven, but still more than I was expecting. Will be interesting to see how the software changes affect different builds.

Reactions: PaulJohn
Wow, that is a lot of stuff in that update. Scheduled departure is the #1 thing I've been waiting for since I got the car...just starting to get cold here too!

Who woulda thought I'd be so happy about seeing cones on a screen! What we don't know is what it does with those cones. Does it adjust its position/lane to adapt? The cones is the easy part, deciding what to do with them is the tough part. Especially when they are on a why doing 120km/hr.

So, if they can see cones, what else can they see I guess...we keep waiting for sign recognition, maybe that will only be HW3.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Who woulda thought I'd be so happy about seeing cones on a screen! What we don't know is what it does with those cones. Does it adjust its position/lane to adapt? The cones is the easy part, deciding what to do with them is the tough part. Especially when they are on a why doing 120km/hr.

The release notes mention that the car will suggest a lane change or do an auto lane change, when on NOA, in order to avoid the cones. But it might adapt the lane position too.

Traffic cone visualization looks nice. Twitter

EIR-tkFWkAEs_Za

The release notes do say that changing lanes to avoid the cones will require FSD.

Wow, so if this actually happens, then they will have only missed that "first FSD features in August" deadline by a few months... plus a year.

When was it he said that? June 2018 I think? So what he announced would take 2 months took about 17 months. Easy mistake to make I guess?

Wow, so if this actually happens, then they will have only missed that "first FSD features in August" deadline by a few months... plus a year.

When was it he said that? June 2018 I think? So what he announced would take 2 months took about 17 months. Easy mistake to make I guess?

Elon is overly optimistic, and misses target dates???

Tell me something I don’t know.

Still I can live with that, as Tesla is so far ahead of everyone else, that other companies are merging, buying Tesla emission credits, and hoping to be able to buy platforms from Tesla, just to be able to survive (FCA).

I just wish other companies could get seriously in the game.

Maybe VW, maybe next year, but certainly not GM or Toyota. Even Nissan Leaf sales are tanking, and that was not a bad product 2 years ago.

The former big three survive on high margin truck sales. Guess who is announcing their entry into that segment later this month.

Last edited:
This honestly seems like a safety feature for the improvement of freeway driving, which is supposed to work under EAP. Surprised that it is FSD only.

I was expecting a more substantive FSD feature outside of cone detection...

Actually, the whole first FSD feature thing might be a misunderstanding. After all, Tesla now categorizes NOA as a FSD feature so saying it requires FSD might just mean it requires NOA. It does not have to mean that it is a post EAP FSD feature.

Reactions: MP3Mike