Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 36.1 update, the NoA (mine is always set to Mad max) is making very bold but smooth moves. Usually it will make lane changes in a 6 lane traffic during evening rush hrs 3 miles ahead. I was on the extreme left HOV lane and the NoA may have around 2 miles and even around 1 mile to the exit it was on the 3rd lane from the exit and somehow manged to squeeze and exit perfectly. of course i was ready to take over any second. Again in another exit 0.8 mile before the exit the car said moving to the faster lane and just around 0.3 mile perfectly came to the exit lane. Very smooth and I did not have to panic at all.

What are your experiences with delayed charging.
When setting the time on AM 7.45h departure it starts charging around am 3.20h till am 5.30h. At am 7.45h my car is cold again. A lot of energy spoiled.
Any other experience or does tesla assume everybody around the world have the same peak power hours and goes to there jobs at the same time..;)

European model 3 owner with teslafi

delayed_charge_0745AM.JPG

Last edited:
When setting the time on AM 7.45h departure it starts charging around am 3.20h till am 5.30h. At am 7.45h my car is cold again. A lot of energy spoiled.
Any other experience or does tesla assume everybody around the world have the same peak power hours and goes to there jobs at the same time..;)

This is what I was worried about. Irrespective of what your departure time is, it will make sure to not charge after 6am because it assumes everyone is on offpeak electricity before that time. Unfortunately that means the battery is never warm if you leave more than an hour later, because it will usually have dropped back to ambient temperature by then. I actually start charging mine at 6:30 and only charge for 1.5 hours currently and leave after 8 o'clock, so scheduled departure time wouldn't work for me at all.

View attachment 473333
I created a little chart that lets me calculate what how many hours it will take me to charge x miles at y amps. It worked quite well when I wanted to ensure I had a full charge by a certain time. After years of ownership, I know I can gain x miles in an hour so I just set my car to just start charging an hour or two before I leave for work. Some of the time, the car is still topping off when I leave but that's ok. That way the battery is still be warm when I leave and I rarely have reduced regen.

I don't have the update scheduled charging option yet but it doesn't sound like I would need to use it anyways.

Is there a power upgrade also for MS / MX older versions or just for the ravens?

View attachment 473333

Agreed with your concerns, but even worse, mine slept right through its alarm this morning. Sunday night, I left the car unplugged to see if it would at least warm itself up. I was skeptical since the scheduled departure is part of the Charging functionality now, not like Smart Preconditioning was before. Sure enough, it did nothing. Last night, I set it to depart at 7AM, and it was to add ~9%, from 71% to 80%, on my 40amp HPWC. According to the app, after plugging it in, the car was Scheduled to Charge starting at 4:50AM, which would have finished around 6AM (useless to me - I don't have Time of Use rates). But it didn't wake up or charge at all, and still didn't warm up.

This is what I was worried about. Irrespective of what your departure time is, it will make sure to not charge after 6am because it assumes everyone is on offpeak electricity before that time. Unfortunately that means the battery is never warm if you leave more than an hour later, because it will usually have dropped back to ambient temperature by then. I actually start charging mine at 6:30 and only charge for 1.5 hours currently and leave after 8 o'clock, so scheduled departure time wouldn't work for me at all.

Our rate is and has been until 7:00am forever. I hope this will become user selectable.

"The Super Off-Peak Energy shall be all kilowatt-hours used by the customer beginning at 11:00 p.m. and ending at 7:00 a.m., Monday through Sunday, for all calendar months"

Our rate is and has been until 7:00am forever. I hope this will become user selectable.

"The Super Off-Peak Energy shall be all kilowatt-hours used by the customer beginning at 11:00 p.m. and ending at 7:00 a.m., Monday through Sunday, for all calendar months"
We have multiple different rates here, and one supplier has a specific EV plan with super off peak only between 1 and 4am. Wherever you go you'll find a different plan. Whilst it keeps adding complexity, it still would be ideal to add off peak times to the feature. As I work from home, I have fixed rates so I'd like to turn that limitation off completely.