Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Automatic navigation seems to prefer home/work based on time of day, even when there is an event in the calendar with an ETA that basically matches the time of the event? They should really have the calendar override everything and then just default to home/work if there's nothing else.

Personally I'd like to just disable the home/work options from automatic navigation entirely. They are meaningless to a freelancer like me. But I won't mind it too much as long as it won't override the calendar.

Automatic navigation seems to prefer home/work based on time of day, even when there is an event in the calendar with an ETA that basically matches the time of the event? They should really have the calendar override everything and then just default to home/work if there's nothing else.

Personally I'd like to just disable the home/work options from automatic navigation entirely. They are meaningless to a freelancer like me. But I won't mind it too much as long as it won't override the calendar.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I needed to go get groceries right after work so I set an appt in my calendar for 5pm with an address but the car wanted to navigate me to my home address instead.

I think it is supposed to default to the calendar but there is a bug.

Got 2019.36.2.1 last night and drove to work with NoA. Lane changes do seem a bit better, less hesitant. Also, it was detecting orange construction barrels (I have LR AWD with HW3 and FSD). Also even with some snow on the lane lines AP was working fine.

I didn't get a chance to check out the acceleration yet. I had it on chill mode due to the snow storm we had yesterday.

Reactions: diplomat33
Follow up to the new "Hold" feature....I had my first true rush hour commute today. One Pedal Auto Stop is just what I wanted and wished for. Both my HW 2.5 S and my HW3.0 S used to have a horrific brake peal thud in stop and go traffic using TACC or AP. Now with the enhanced regenerative braking and auto hold feature I no longer have the horrible brake pedal thud I have had over the last three years of Model S' ownership. I LOVE IT!!!!!

As a side note the S does not seem to exhibit the same clicking sound as descried above by @wws in their Model 3.

Good work Tesla....and as RuPaul says "Don't F%#K IT UP" with a future software update....PLEASE!!!!! :D

Reactions: diplomat33
Follow up to the new "Hold" feature....I had my first true rush hour commute today. One Pedal Auto Stop is just what I wanted and wished for. Both my HW 2.5 S and my HW3.0 S used to have a horrific brake peal thud in stop and go traffic using TACC or AP. Now with the enhanced regenerative braking and auto hold feature I no longer have the horrible brake pedal thud I have had over the last three years of Model S' ownership. I LOVE IT!!!!!

As a side note the S does not seem to exhibit the same clicking sound as descried above by @wws in their Model 3.

Good work Tesla....and as RuPaul says "Don't F%#K IT UP" with a future software update....PLEASE!!!!! :D
I now have the “thud” you lost - when I’m using “Hold” mode. Sounds like a solenoid energizing, or a circuit breaker tripping. ;)

That is a fair point. For those, justice would be a refund of the FSD-related deferred revenue that Tesla has on the books for their vehicle as of the end of the lease. I assume that is a calculable figure.

I now have the “thud” you lost - when I’m using “Hold” mode. Sounds like a solenoid energizing, or a circuit breaker tripping. ;)

@jebinc , your thud may be different than @boonedocks . I have a similar noise with my brake pedal in my Model S. For my car (and maybe boonedocks'), I believe it's the actual brake pedal quickly moving, not a solenoid or circuit breaker. I think you have "the click".

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
@jebinc , your thud may be different than @boonedocks . I have a similar noise with my brake pedal in my Model S. For my car (and maybe boonedocks'), I believe it's the actual brake pedal quickly moving, not a solenoid or circuit breaker. I think you have "the click".
100%^ THIS And it has all but disappeared with the new Hold and higher regen update.

For my car (and maybe boonedocks'), I believe it's the actual brake pedal quickly moving, not a solenoid or circuit breaker. I think you have "the click".

I had a Tesla Mobile Tech riding with me in my previous Model S and when he heard the noise (I never mentioned it) he just said "Ok, yours does that too. I've had other folks complain about it but it is just the sound of the brake pedal moving."

I've never heard it in the Model 3.

Mike

I had a Tesla Mobile Tech riding with me in my previous Model S and when he heard the noise (I never mentioned it) he just said "Ok, yours does that too. I've had other folks complain about it but it is just the sound of the brake pedal moving."

Mike
It's not just moving. It is the equivalent to a spastic brake pedal stab and flipping it loose with your toe. It is SO annoying that I reverted to not even using TACC or AP with my family in the car if there is stop and go traffic.

It's not just moving. It is the equivalent to a spastic brake pedal stab and flipping it loose with your toe. It is SO annoying that I reverted to not even using TACC or AP with my family in the car if there is stop and go traffic.

I think we're talking about the same noise. Sounds like the pedal is under tension and then suddenly released. Almost a popping sound. I guess I got used to it and just ignored it. Also, I could imagine it might be louder or not so loud from car to car. Also, mine did not do it every time - just occasionally.

Mike

Reactions: boonedocks
Has anyone or yourself actually test it at a supercharger yet. This is also a big disappointment for me.

When I first got the update I was so excited that I had a trip to take so I could try out the new speed. It was only a single supercharger stop, but for the first time I've ever had this happen, I pulled into the last spot so I had to share power. Annnd since then, it's been freezing cold out.

Today on my drive home, I didn't get the auto nav home and it never onced asked me for hand pressure. I went 5+ minutes twice with no hands.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eagledon