Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model S, this morning I got 2019.4.3.

Reading the release notes it mentions the Bling Spot Warning Chime, how does this chime actually sound or in other words what scenario will activate the chime. I cannot seem to replicate it chiming whilst driving.

Also when did an intimitent indicator push then keep the indicator active until the autopilot lane change is complete and then cancelling the indicator automatically?

Reading the release notes it mentions the Bling Spot Warning Chime, how does this chime actually sound or in other words what scenario will activate the chime. I cannot seem to replicate it chiming whilst driving.

I would expect it to chime whenever the lines on the IC go red, i.e. when you are deploying the indicator and the car detects a vehicle. However, I did read on another post on this forum that it wasn't working, which if true is completely ridiculous for a new feature!

No sentry mode? Or is it pending approval for uk

I don't have MCU2 so won't be getting that anyway. I am confused by all these references to "approval" though. EM often cites "awaiting regulatory" approval before something is released, but never says exactly who/what is supposed to approve them.

With NOA for example, which regulatory body in the UK/EU would approve what is little more than an extension to lane change? And given the responsibility/liability falls squarely on the shoulders of the driver at all times, what exactly is being approved?

Maybe I'm a tad too skeptical but I think NOA is not here/EU is because they haven't mapped the roads/signage sufficiently well.

There's an awful lot of smoke and mirrors within Tesla, e.g. AP2.5 wasn't supposed to about more than redundancy, and we know now that's not quite true. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but there's an abundance of over promise/under deliver and what you see might not be what you've got.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I would expect it to chime whenever the lines on the IC go red, i.e. when you are deploying the indicator and the car detects a vehicle. However, I did read on another post on this forum that it wasn't working, which if true is completely ridiculous for a new feature!

Hi, no, I have tried every scenario with exception of actually driving into a car in my blind spot. I cannot seem to hear the chime at all.

I only have a toggle switch on the Autopilot menu to switch it on or off, no volume control.

Last edited:
Had 2019.4.2 from before ago, and today I got 2019.4.3, same release notes as 2019.4.2, so I guess it just "fixes" ..

Edit: not in uk

Me too, 4.2 Wednesday evening, 4.3 this morning. I have noticed a big difference in lane changing, the indicator will auto cancel once the manoeuvre is complete as long as you use the short push to the indicator switch. Also when displaying vehicles in your blind spot or in occupied lanes they are coloured red, not just the lane marker as previous.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert

No, the lines are red, the cars or objects in the lanes are red but no chime whatsoever.