TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by an2ony, Feb 22, 2019.

1. an2ony

an2ony Member

I have a 2019 Model S, this morning I got 2019.4.3.

Reading the release notes it mentions the Bling Spot Warning Chime, how does this chime actually sound or in other words what scenario will activate the chime. I cannot seem to replicate it chiming whilst driving.

Also when did an intimitent indicator push then keep the indicator active until the autopilot lane change is complete and then cancelling the indicator automatically?

2. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

I would expect it to chime whenever the lines on the IC go red, i.e. when you are deploying the indicator and the car detects a vehicle. However, I did read on another post on this forum that it wasn't working, which if true is completely ridiculous for a new feature!

3. Mark_T

Mark_T Active Member

19.4.3 here this morning as well.

I need to do some testing, but I wonder if the chime is working but just at a very low default volume which just needs to be turned up...

4. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

It's possible I suppose but I can't think of any other chime in the car that is adjustable - it's either on or off.

5. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

No sentry mode? Or is it pending approval for uk

6. nimrooz

nimrooz Member

Had 2019.4.2 from before ago, and today I got 2019.4.3, same release notes as 2019.4.2, so I guess it just "fixes" ..

Edit: not in uk

7. Mark_T

Mark_T Active Member

That is in 19.5.x and that doesn't seem to be on general release yet...

8. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

I don't have MCU2 so won't be getting that anyway. I am confused by all these references to "approval" though. EM often cites "awaiting regulatory" approval before something is released, but never says exactly who/what is supposed to approve them.

With NOA for example, which regulatory body in the UK/EU would approve what is little more than an extension to lane change? And given the responsibility/liability falls squarely on the shoulders of the driver at all times, what exactly is being approved?

Maybe I'm a tad too skeptical but I think NOA is not here/EU is because they haven't mapped the roads/signage sufficiently well.

There's an awful lot of smoke and mirrors within Tesla, e.g. AP2.5 wasn't supposed to about more than redundancy, and we know now that's not quite true. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but there's an abundance of over promise/under deliver and what you see might not be what you've got.

• Like x 1
  9. Mark_T

Mark_T Active Member

... and the small detail of roundabouts which are noticeably missing in California :)

• Like x 1
  10. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I just want to know if Spotify still works as it was finally fixed in 2018.50.6?
    I don't want any regression on that now!

11. an2ony

an2ony Member

#11 an2ony, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Hi, no, I have tried every scenario with exception of actually driving into a car in my blind spot. I cannot seem to hear the chime at all.

I only have a toggle switch on the Autopilot menu to switch it on or off, no volume control.

12. an2ony

an2ony Member

My Spotify works perfect.

• Like x 1
  13. an2ony

an2ony Member

Me too, 4.2 Wednesday evening, 4.3 this morning. I have noticed a big difference in lane changing, the indicator will auto cancel once the manoeuvre is complete as long as you use the short push to the indicator switch. Also when displaying vehicles in your blind spot or in occupied lanes they are coloured red, not just the lane marker as previous.

• Informative x 1
  14. an2ony

an2ony Member

No, the lines are red, the cars or objects in the lanes are red but no chime whatsoever.

15. an2ony

an2ony Member

Nope....what other chime in the car has volume control? LoL

16. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

Ah ok, so red cars are new, used to be just the lines. I read somewhere the chime does sound but is very quiet :rolleyes:

17. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Good point, but roundabouts are in California, just not everywhere. Not many near the Tesla plant for sure... :rolleyes:

18. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

The one in my passenger seat. The more dangerous my driving becomes, the louder it speaks !!! and often YELLS !!!

• Funny x 2
  19. Trevorismycar

Trevorismycar Member

Hi guys,

I made the chime go off last night inadvertently!.....if the car is in your blind spot, it’ll be red, if you go to move out at that point then it chimes. In fact it goes crazy

I love the update on AP where you just push the stalk one and if stays on until in that lane.

• Like x 1
  20. Rolland

Rolland New Member

I'm still having problems logging in to Spotify. It shows "invalid account". When will they fix this!