Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't write that clear enough. The car actually RESET the speed to those speeds and showed that NEW speed set on the binnacle. ie it showed 45mph as the set speed from 75mph and / or showed 65mph at three other instances. I had to bump the stalk up until I reset it to 75 mph again. It was NOT phantom braking at all.

Also that Interstate does not change speeds and has literally been there forever and non of our AP1 / AP2 / AP 2.5 or HW3 cars has ever changed speed from the set TACC or AP speed including the limited time I used NOA on my HW2.0 S and when I first picked up my HW3 car this year..

This is the "Fleet Speed" feature. What's probably happening is that your car thinks you took the exit you just passed. Happens to me all the time in my Q3 2017 Model S (HW2.5/MCU1) and hardly ever in my Q3 2018 Model 3 (HW2.5/MCU1). I have a case open with Tesla about it but it is very difficult to get them to pay any attention. I started a thread on this here: "Fleet Speed" (mis-)feature in 2019.8.6+

This is the "Fleet Speed" feature. What's probably happening is that your car thinks you took the exit you just passed. Happens to me all the time in my Q3 2017 Model S (HW2.5/MCU1) and hardly ever in my Q3 2018 Model 3 (HW2.5/MCU1). I have a case open with Tesla about it but it is very difficult to get them to pay any attention. I started a thread on this here: "Fleet Speed" (mis-)feature in 2019.8.6+

Well that is interesting seeing that it has never happened before and only happens when using NOA with latest 40.1.1 release.

Standard TACC worked flawlessly.

Not regarding 2019.40.1.1 but regarding the latest app 3.10.2 I noticed it shows the set percentage state of charge as a number.

It will show range for those who have their cars set for range instead of percentage.

I didn't write that clear enough. The car actually RESET the speed to those speeds and showed that NEW speed set on the binnacle. ie it showed 45mph as the set speed from 75mph and / or showed 65mph at three other instances. I had to bump the stalk up until I reset it to 75 mph again. It was NOT phantom braking at all.

Also that Interstate does not change speeds and has literally been there forever and non of our AP1 / AP2 / AP 2.5 or HW3 cars has ever changed speed from the set TACC or AP speed including the limited time I used NOA on my HW2.0 S and when I first picked up my HW3 car this year..

Well that is interesting seeing that it has never happened before and only happens when using NOA with latest 40.1.1 release.

Standard TACC worked flawlessly.

I don't use NoA around town but this has been happening in my AP2 car for nearly a year when using AP on my commute. I'll have the speed set to 60 mph and since the lanes are shifted due to construction, it thinks I'm taking the off ramp and will lower the speed to 35 mph for a few hundred feet. It then bumps the set speed back up after I pass the off ramp.

Been on 40.1.1 for a couple of days now and scheduled departure time is all messed up.

My car has been topping off charging all through the weekend and started charging after an errand as soon as it was plugged in on Saturday. I have scheduled departure set for 7:00am. Also I have my max charge set to 90% and it is now at 92% after it’s last “top-off”. Very odd “new” charging behavior.

2019 Model S Raven P + L+

I don’t have 40 yet, but departure scheduled charging has done that to me since release, which is why I went back to the old start time version.

I don't use NoA around town but this has been happening in my AP2 car for nearly a year when using AP on my commute. I'll have the speed set to 60 mph and since the lanes are shifted due to construction, it thinks I'm taking the off ramp and will lower the speed to 35 mph for a few hundred feet. It then bumps the set speed back up after I pass the off ramp.

For whatever reason this has never happened to me until 40.1.1 on my HW3 car and no construction whatsoever and hasn't been anything but 70+mph unencumbered no construction speeds for years and years.

40.1.1 DeepRain sucks. I just gave up and turned it off this morning. There's no need to have the wipers full blast while stopped at a red light for 2 minutes with a light drizzle.

edit - and also let me add, at this point the system clearly has all the skill of the Jamaican boblsed team. How do your engineers get good at this when they see rain once a year?

• Funny
Reactions: croman
40.1.1 DeepRain sucks. I just gave up and turned it off this morning. There's no need to have the wipers full blast while stopped at a red light for 2 minutes with a light drizzle.

edit - and also let me add, at this point the system clearly has all the skill of the Jamaican boblsed team. How do your engineers get good at this when they see rain once a year?
Are you on automatic level 1 or level 2 on the stake
I saw somes videos with good result with this new update.

I have little (no) hope that using a NN for auto wipers is going to work ever. Elon said during the investor day this year that using a NN for some tasks would be like using a nuclear bomb for some trivial thing. (paraphrase obviously). He said that without a shred of irony while we're here dealing with auto wipers that are truly awful.

IMO this wouldn't be as big a deal on the Model 3 if we could cycle through wiper speeds with repeated presses of the intermittent wipe button. Or if we had a wiper stalk like the S and X.

If you read down my post further, you'll see that some of the scenarios that people call Phantom Braking involve changing the set speed, when it thinks you're in the merge lane (or some adjacent service road) with a different speed. Again, not related to NoA but just a TACC thing.

So did turning off NoA actually improve this behavior? If so, it would be the first example I've ever heard of where NoA had anything to do with TACC/speeds.

Absolutely TACC alone worked flawlessly. This only happened with NOA enabled and started with 40.1.1

Perhaps this means they have decoupled Fleet Speed and TACC, and now Fleet Speed is only active when NOA is active. That would actually make me very happy since I use TACC all the time and and NOA never, since NOA is quite useless IMO.

I have little (no) hope that using a NN for auto wipers is going to work ever. Elon said during the investor day this year that using a NN for some tasks would be like using a nuclear bomb for some trivial thing. (paraphrase obviously). He said that without a shred of irony while we're here dealing with auto wipers that are truly awful.
The whole wipers situation highlights one of the big problems with Tesla thinking and designing like a software company, deploy half baked functions and fix them in the field, only problem is I don't think they can fix the wipers because the hardware isn't up to the task.

The auto wipers could have worked just as good as any other manufacturer out there if they just used a $1 infra red sensor on the windscreen, instead they decided to over complicate it with a software solution that all these years on still operates like a 60's British car with a Lucas electrical system.

Lets not even talk about lack of DAB radio and surround parking cameras in a car so expensive :(

Last edited:
Using AutoPilot while Towing a trailer on Tow mode -Model X Raven P100D. GPS singal is lost and stuck at Tesla Lawrence Toronto SC

Attachments

• 67307B01-1C29-4F76-B565-D204EA943454.jpeg
    67307B01-1C29-4F76-B565-D204EA943454.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 80AF1496-186F-4023-BEC0-A8E0FEB7E8A2.jpeg
    80AF1496-186F-4023-BEC0-A8E0FEB7E8A2.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 53
I got 40.1.1 on my 2017 AP2.0/MCU 1 Model X and the first thing that happened as I pulled out of the garage on a sunny day was the wipers took a single swipe across my dry windshield. Could have been bug guts from our road trip I suppose.

It is kind of tough to keep it in Autosteer when it is jerking the car all over the lane to avoid trucks, vans, SUV's, and Jeeps in adjacent lanes and tries to center in merging lanes like an AH driver making sure no one will get by. I don't want to look like an impaired driver. It seems smoother when approaching large trucks. Sometimes I don't even notice it moving over. And it does well with exit ramps without lane markings, even ones where the exit lane is closer to straight ahead than the main lane.

Reactions: Richard34212
If it is not shadow mode, then what is the new code "CityStreetsBehavior" doing?
currently it does not do anything, mostly compiled out.

even in the cases when the code is not compiled out but user facign knobs are disabled, it does not do anything useful outside of giving Tesla ability to query the state of that code.

2019.40.1.1seems to have slowed to a trickle and according to TeslaFi less than 5% received it...
It contains no new features for my HW3 MS other than some improvement in auto lane change, and of course the wipers thing. The 175 kW charging upgrade for the M3 seems to be the only new feature overall. So why the 40.x.x version number over the 36.x.x. for such a small jump? Am missing something? Is Tesla splitting the software upgrade track based on Model and features? Why are what appear to be new raven models seeing the 36.x.x upgrades instead of 40.x.x?

Speculation?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life