Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.1 installing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
40.1.1 installed on my 2016 AP2 S earlier today. Release notes didn't mention it but I can now use cruise control or cruise control w/autopilot down to 1 MPH. If I select 0 MPH the car stops. Before this neither feature would work below 18 MPH.

So now I'm wondering what other unannounced features might be lurking in the update.

40.1.1 installed on my 2016 AP2 S earlier today. Release notes didn't mention it but I can now use cruise control or cruise control w/autopilot down to 1 MPH. If I select 0 MPH the car stops. Before this neither feature would work below 18 MPH.

So now I'm wondering what other unannounced features might be lurking in the update.
Cruise control and auto pilot have always worked down to zero. The vehicle in from of me slows down and stops so does my S. When it starts moving so does the S. Definitely not new with 2019.40.1.1

Autolane change assertiveness and auto wiper improvement seems to be the major updates in 2019.40.1.1

IMG_20191128_223144.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_223144.jpg
    IMG_20191128_223144.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 131

Did you get the auto-wiper improvements? Asking because I also have a 2016 AP2 and am wondering if we are getting this improvement too.

Cruise control and auto pilot have always worked down to zero. The vehicle in from of me slows down and stops so does my S. When it starts moving so does the S. Definitely not new with 2019.40.1.1

Start cruise below 18 mph is new. Driving with AP at 2 mph is strange. One used to have to be at 18 mph to enable. Or try to tap down selected speed. Car would stop at 18 mph. Different than following a car. Then car would always adjust....

@DirtyT3sla mentioned on Twitter, and I confirmed on both S&3.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Hmm. Do you have a screen shot where it shows on the MCU or the IC the message about heating up the battery?
I didnt think it showed anymore after a certain update a while ago. It should just run in the background when heading to a supercharger. I would think if your battery is already at the optimal temperature it wouldnt even be activated.

Did you get the auto-wiper improvements? Asking because I also have a 2016 AP2 and am wondering if we are getting this improvement too.

It's mentioned in the release notes so apparently I do have it but in today's snowfall I'm not really seeing a lot of difference from before. (One thing that has changed is lane changing. That's much more responsive.)

autowiper seem to actually work.

LOL i had the fortunate rain this week to test it, and yes, its not as botched as they used to be, actually activating when you had enough rain coming down.

Did the auto wipers gracefully scale back the assertiveness of wiping as rain subsided and how was the performance in the rain at night?

My biggest issue during the daytime is that it would wipe when it detects some rain but then continue to wipe like crazy.

Several new issues have popped up with the release of 40.1.1 on my 2019 Raven that I wanted to throw out and see if anyone else I experiencing as well.

#1: My car has been topping off charging all through the weekend and started charging after an errand as soon as it was plugged in on Saturday. I have scheduled departure set for 7:00am / weekdays in the charge settings. Also I have my max charge set to 90% and it is now at 92% (this was Sunday PM) after it’s last “top-off”. This morning at 7:00am (Monday) my car was charged to 94% when we left for the day.

2: So besides the "scheduled departure time" being fubarred in this update, NOA is also a complete mess. First of all auto lane change is as others have said. Super quick and as most people (human) drivers would do, so there's that.

For NOA on 40.1.1 My first commute today to try it out and on my first 17 miles of expressway on I985 Southbound in NE Atlanta at EVERY single exit ramp, just as I pass them, my car would immediately decrease the speed from 75mph to anywhere for 60 down two 45. - This is NOT phantom braking but actually resetting the speed and displaying that new set speed on the binnacle. - NO ONE IN FRONT OR BESIDE ME and well over 1/2 mile before the nest entrance ramp. As you can imagine especially with a Raven model S with extra regen, the cars behind me did not take kindly to this. After the third occurrence and right cue when I would guess it was going to happen again I turned OFF NOA, just as it has been since the 2ned week if was introduced. I am in the process of writing up an email to Tesla but after several other emails to them including video links and Tesla CSR just emailing back saying "reboot needed" / "NOA not intended for HOV lane usage" "schedule an appointment your car needs service" etc etc etc...I already know it will fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:
NOA some good some not so much. Maybe like a step forward and half step back.

Most annoying to me is NOA seems to want to camp in passing lane. Lane change into passing lane is much improved but it stays there. Drove from Chicago to St Louis yesterday. Not once did it initiate a move out of the passing lane unless it changed to follow route.

Reactions: PrGrPa and N..8