Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.1 installing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOA some good some not so much. Maybe like a step forward and half step back.

Most annoying to me is NOA seems to want to camp in passing lane. Lane change into passing lane is much improved but it stays there. Drove from Chicago to St Louis yesterday. Not once did it initiate a move out of the passing lane unless it changed to follow route.
interesting it just sat in that lane, but I am guessing you might know that you push up slightly on the turn signal to tell it to get out of that lane?

Most annoying to me is NOA seems to want to camp in passing lane. Lane change into passing lane is much improved but it stays there.
I actually don't mind this behavior. I wish there was an option to prevent NOA from changing lanes for the sole purpose of getting out of a passing lane. WAY too often does it change lanes out of the passing lane into the new lane with a slower car that is about 1/4 mile ahead and then it has to change lanes right back to move into a faster lane. It just keeps ping ponging back and forth and is very annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if it just made smarter decisions on when it should move out of the passing lane. Like maybe actually use the rear camera. If there is no one behind then there is no need to move over. Or, look further ahead in the new lane to check traffic speed and don't change if it's slower.

Reactions: Robotpedlr
I actually don't mind this behavior. I wish there was an option to prevent NOA from changing lanes for the sole purpose of getting out of a passing lane. WAY too often does it change lanes out of the passing lane into the new lane with a slower car that is about 1/4 mile ahead and then it has to change lanes right back to move into a faster lane. It just keeps ping ponging back and forth and is very annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if it just made smarter decisions on when it should move out of the passing lane. Like maybe actually use the rear camera. If there is no one behind then there is no need to move over. Or, look further ahead in the new lane to check traffic speed and don't change if it's slower.
I'd be fine with that if it moved out of passing lane when needed. The previous version moved over when a car closed from behind now about the time I give up waiting for it and initiate a change the car behind changes lanes and starts to pass on the right I've been stuck in the left lane while 3 or more pass in the right lane.

With TACC and AP enabled the quick move to the adjacent lane is a great feature after this update. The car does not make a move to the exit lane from extreme left lane in 5 lane traffic until closer to 2 mi to the exit. Obviously, couple of times I had to take control and complete the maneuver.
I also noticed that the Navi vol was higher even tho I did not change any setting.
The car sounded loud alarm when the car would be either closer or on the shoulder lane when both TACC and AP were not enabled on the highway. This was new for me.

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio