Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.1 now available in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What dial?
This one

EA0355E6-4635-4A8A-B7CB-63231181FAD8.jpeg

I had the update this morning. Had this and multiple cameras blocked or blinded message. Called Tesla on the roadside assistance number - told that it's probably due to the update and should sort itself out in time - if not, book a service so virtual service can take a look.

That's a possibility but in my case I suspect the update isn't the cause, since pre-update I was getting broadly the same effect with the same frequency, just the message didn't specify which camera was out.

It would be nice to see if the wiper change has fixed the very light rain/spray problem. This was really noticeable on our drive home from collecting the car at West Drayton. Coming down the fairly busy M3 it was noticeable that the "auto" function just didn't work at all. Not once did the wipers come on. It did inadvertently test the system that physically steers the car back into the lane, and sounds a loud warning though, when I was being a bit naughty and taking my eyes off the (obscured) road to try and see how the screen wipe speed icons worked...

To be fair, lots of cars have a problem with auto-wipe in very light rain. The Toyota's I've owned were sort of OK, but the BMW i3 was noticeably sluggish, and usually needed a prod of the wiper to get it kick-started. If the post update wiper performance is as good as that I've be happy, as no automatic system ever seems perfect.

WRG to sensor warnings, I've only had this once, last Saturday, where it seemed to be low angle sunshine hitting the left of the car that created the issue. The warning was more of a problem than the sensor being momentarily inop, IMHO, as I was driving down a fairly narrow stretch of the A30, where I didn't really need the sensing systems, and the fairly prominent warning on the screen was a bit of a distraction. I did notice that this warning disappeared when I turned right, which is what made me think it may have been caused by sunlight glinting off the cameras on the left side.

I am constantly surprised by the effectiveness of the all around sensing, and the much improved situational awareness it gives. If anyone had asked me before I got the car what value I'd place on such a feature I'd probably have said nil, but it's quickly become something I think of as near-essential, probably more useful in everyday driving than autopilot or cruise control.

• Disagree
Reactions: T.F.S.
Just got 2019.40.2.1 on my MCU1/AP2.5 Model S.

All I've noticed different so far is that there's a permanent "Passenger Airbag: ON" in the top-right of the screen.

Of course, it'd help if - like any of the V10 releases - I could read the chuffing Release Notes to work out what's supposed to have changed on my car.

(but no, the WebKit is still defunct, so no Release Notes, no Web Browser, and no Owner's Manual either. Yes, I have tried a reboot)

I updated last night and now have an error that the charge port wont open by touch.
And true enough it wont.
cant say ive noticed much change in the wipers, but ive only had the car a week and only really had 2 days of rain. but it could also be due to the windsreen needing a proper good clean as it wasnt the cleanest at collection, could still see writing used by the shipping/transporters companies.

I updated last night and now have an error that the charge port wont open by touch.
And true enough it wont.
cant say ive noticed much change in the wipers, but ive only had the car a week and only really had 2 days of rain. but it could also be due to the windsreen needing a proper good clean as it wasnt the cleanest at collection, could still see writing used by the shipping/transporters companies.

Have you physically checked that the magnet is still fixed to the charge port door, underneath the area where you push to open it?

That has been known to drop off, leaving just a moulded depression in the underside corner of the charge port door. Without this magnet, push to open does not work, and the car also throws up a charge port error of some kind, I believe. Easy to check, just open the charge port and take a photo of the underside - if it's missing it leaves an obvious semi-rectangular space in the corner. The magnet looks like a small piece of plastic trim.

• Disagree
Reactions: T.F.S.
Have you physically checked that the magnet is still fixed to the charge port door, underneath the area where you push to open it?

That has been known to drop off, leaving just a moulded depression in the underside corner of the charge port door. Without this magnet, push to open does not work, and the car also throws up a charge port error of some kind, I believe. Easy to check, just open the charge port and take a photo of the underside - if it's missing it leaves an obvious semi-rectangular space in the corner. The magnet looks like a small piece of plastic trim.

I have not, as i did not know about this.
Will check it later when im home.
Thanks

After updating at work yesterday I had intermittent errors about the left hand side pillar camera being obscured on the first few miles home, they stopped after passing through the first village. Nothing obvious that I could see after getting home (admittedly, in the dark and getting wet) and no such errors on the drive in this morning.

Should I put it down to the CPU being dumb and not realising that the dark picture was because it was dark outside after the upgrade?

Didn't Elon mention something about the wiper code learning from inputs in a future update. Pushing the stalk button for a single wipe when in auto causes the sensitivity to increase. Maybe that made it into this update. It also wouldn't be hard to add more functionality to that button, double tap to switch from auto to manual.

We do - it's work in progress in the strive to keep all cameras free/clean at all times, this is essential for full auto pilot in the future. At some point wipers will be replaced with lasers, it's all part of the big master plan

M3 SR+

2019.40.2.1 ready for install last night ... told it to go ahead via the app. The install failed at 60% (I think not the download, specifically the install). I went out to the car in the morning and no progress other than a message on screen saying it was checking electronic controls or some such. I decided to do a 2 button reboot ... came back up with another checking message ... noticed that the install available icon on top of the screen was there ... looked at the software version number just to check in case it had actually updated ... not showing new version.

I half remembered reading something about someone removing their USB drives before doing an update so I shutdown Dashcam and unplugged the drive and the splitter hub for the phone/s. I then did the harder reboot with brake plus 2 buttons. When the screen came back I clicked to initiate software install and thankfully everything appears to have progressed normally with the 2019.40.2.1 installation this time.

No rain to test wipers ... would you believe it! Did some autopilot driving on a single carriageway road and it seemed a little more composed, I think.

I had intermittent errors about the left hand side pillar camera being obscured
I got something similar but on the Right side pillar camera, on the A127 to Southend in the early afternoon.
I'm 90% sure it was caused by sun dazzle, as the sun would have been shining directly into the lens.
Added to the fact that I didn't get the error on the way back later.