Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.3 for AP1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be awesome because I have gen1 model S (60kWh) and my supercharging peaks at 50kW so if I get to a supercharger with less than 5 percent I have to charge for 1 hour and ten minutes to get to 95% and currently with battery degradation (2013 model S) my Max range is at 180, so I need to charge as much as possible when taking road trips. My most common trip is from fort Lauderdale to Orlando, and there is only 1 supercharger on the turnpike between the two stops and when I charge my car to 98-100% I make it to the supercharger with around 5 percent +/- 2percent so I have to use up the whole time in order to make it to final Orlando destination.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce
That would be awesome because I have gen1 model S (60kWh) and my supercharging peaks at 50kW so if I get to a supercharger with less than 5 percent I have to charge for 1 hour and ten minutes to get to 95% and currently with battery degradation (2013 model S) my Max range is at 180, so I need to charge as much as possible when taking road trips. My most common trip is from fort Lauderdale to Orlando, and there is only 1 supercharger on the turnpike between the two stops and when I charge my car to 98-100% I make it to the supercharger with around 5 percent +/- 2percent so I have to use up the whole time in order to make it to final Orlando destination.
I’m in the same boat - my 60’s supercharging rate is abysmal these days. For busy sites, my car would be seen as a bit of a leper!

I got this picture from Tesla owners online forum, I have not installed yet. I'm excited to install and hope that my wishes come true and this update changes/improves supercharging for 60kWh batteries and accuracy of capacity reading

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218-122943.png
    Screenshot_20191218-122943.png
    738 KB · Views: 251
  • Informative
Reactions: David29 and AustinP